Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Betamax Instance - VoIPZoom.com - free calls to many countries...  (Read 8464 times)
A1ia5

« on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:42 AM »

Got an SMS from Betamax today advertising their VoIPZoom service.  I'd not heard of this one so have just been to have a look :

www.voipzoom.com

Yet again a new angle - unlimited* calls to many destinations for E2.50 / month.

Their call rates are here :

http://www.voipzoom.com/en/calling-rates.html

I have looked through their terms of use and it does not explicitly state an upper limit for free calls.  Nor does the site explain how the E2.50 is taken or how the automatic top-up occurs.  It appears that you have to download the application to use and set-up an account.  I also do not know if they allow top-up by reverse billed SMS either.

The about us details are most interesting though :

http://www.voipzoom.com/en/about.html

VoipZoom is a service from
Betamax GmbH & Co KG
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln

Email: Please use the forms on our contact page
Tel: +49-221-3549565
Fax: +49-221-3549566

Managing director: Karin Nab
Commercial Register of the Local Court: Cologne
Registered under number: HRA 23157
VAT number: DE814570978

Disclaimer: Betamax GmbH & Co KG does not take responsibility, or endorses the content of external hyperlinks on this site.

Of course, being a Betaman newbie, the free destination list is highly likely to change.  Some of the destinations have very interesting prices too.  E.g :

Thailand Mobile 6c
Laos Mobile 4c

Here Laos Mobile is very cheap and a Thai mobile is quite expensive.  I guess it may well be a case that some destinations are subsidizing others.  Nevertheless, given my limited knowledge of the lowest typical costs for many countries, they do seem to be quite keen, at the moment, on this one !

Interestingly, also, they are offering Japan landline free.  This is the first time I have seen that from Beta/Fin.

The website looks basic at the moment too.

If anyone signs up for this, be good if you could report back here your experience...

We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.
andy

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »

Got an SMS from Betamax today advertising their VoIPZoom service.  I'd not heard of this one so have just been to have a look :

www.voipzoom.com

Yet again a new angle - unlimited* calls to many destinations for E2.50 / month.

Nor does the site explain how the E2.50 is taken or how the automatic top-up occurs.  It appears that you have to download the application to use and set-up an account.  I also do not know if they allow top-up by reverse billed SMS either.

The about us details are most interesting though :

Interestingly, also, they are offering Japan landline free.  This is the first time I have seen that from Beta/Fin.

It says payments are only possible by credit card

The details are the same as for other brands, so I'd be surprised it's that interesting

Nearly 20 of their brands have zero rates to Japan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: