Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Mailbox features - is there any info available ?  (Read 5635 times)
A1ia5

« on: November 06, 2008, 02:14:40 AM »

I almost got to set-up a three voicemail today.  There seems to be an awful lot of features in there.  I know from previous communication with MobaH that there are some pretty cool things you can do with it free of charge.  I just wondered if there was any documentation on the features and how to use them around ?

In particular I recall the automated set-up voice stating that it is possible to receive faxes and have them forwarded to another no.  This is interesting.  I wonder if it would be possible to have the fax rendered on the phone being used ?  I know this is possible on some other 2G phones I have played with.  To be honest I use landline nos at the mo for fax reception, and these work quite well.  But having a messaging center that will take voice and fax; and be accessible free from a mobile, would be useful also !

We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.
andy

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »

Some 3 SIMs have 3 numbers, for voice fax and video.

I haven't played with the fax service, except to test that all 3 numbers all receive sms (yes), so I don't know whether it can both display a fax or forward it to elsewhere. I'd guess the first, and wonder if some confusion has arisen because of :

- you may or may not have heard of Orange Fax, which receives automatically on a separate number, and is stored like an answerphone message. To read it, access answerphone, follow the menu options and enter a number to send it to to be read. I used to do this by sending it either to a machine at work, or a local shop near home. The service cost a one-off fee of £10, plus call charges to the destination number.

Perhaps the 3 fax service is similar.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »

I almost got to set-up a three voicemail today.  There seems to be an awful lot of features in there.  I know from previous communication with MobaH that there are some pretty cool things you can do with it free of charge.  I just wondered if there was any documentation on the features and how to use them around ?

In particular I recall the automated set-up voice stating that it is possible to receive faxes and have them forwarded to another no.  This is interesting.  I wonder if it would be possible to have the fax rendered on the phone being used ?  I know this is possible on some other 2G phones I have played with.  To be honest I use landline nos at the mo for fax reception, and these work quite well.  But having a messaging center that will take voice and fax; and be accessible free from a mobile, would be useful also !

Try http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/callingmessagingtalk.omp

and http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/callingmessagingvoice.omp

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: