Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:18:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap International calls from '3', Orange or Vodafone ?  (Read 36470 times)
theabrar

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »

Thanks for your update.

From some other discussions on this forum, I believe '3' balances are updated in near real time if you check on 333. If you haven't been charged till now then probably '3' allows these numbers out of the inclusive minutes.

Seems '3' is much better for call through because I remember one more call through still alive on '3'- had a discussion on this forum some time back on that. I am with O2 and Vodafone unfortunately Sad

Regards
Nik

yeah..fortunately it still works with '3'...
waiting for Mikael to launch the new service for '3'...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:30:28 PM by Dave » Logged
mobileman

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 08:10:42 PM »

Thanks for your test reports theabrar and panda.

I had tested myself from '3' Pre-Pay, which connected OK, and I heard the message, but that is charged of course.    Cry

I don't have a '3' contract however.

Does Mikael know how long it will take the network to set up a callthrough for '3' contract users?

theabrar

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »

Thanks for your test reports theabrar and panda.

no prob

I had tested myself from '3' Pre-Pay, which connected OK, and I heard the message, but that is charged of course.    Cry

wat do u mean by charged?..u mean u will be charged for the minute used..right??

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:18:39 PM by theabrar » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »

wat do u mean by charged?..u mean u will be charged for the minute used..right??

Yes of course he does.  P & G / Pre-Pay does not give any inclusive minutes: all calls are charged.   Wink

On the 'Flat 12' tariff on '3' Pre-Pay one is charged for a minimum call length of a minute, = 12p, however short the call is.   Huh

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:25:53 AM by Dave » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
theabrar

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 12:42:21 AM »

SOS...guyz the numbers which are given by acecall are not shown in the unbilled usage list..however the minutes are being reduced from the allowance..
any views/thoughts/experiences would be appreciated..plzzz
nixforfun

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »

SOS...guyz the numbers which are given by acecall are not shown in the unbilled usage list..however the minutes are being reduced from the allowance..
any views/thoughts/experiences would be appreciated..plzzz

Hi theabrar

Which operator did you try this on? Can you check latest unbilled usage if it is reflecting now?

Regards
Nik
Boss81
Learner

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »

Hi there, I have been using this services with 3 mobile. I haven't been charged by this service. What really impressive is the quality of the call. I am saving load of money now, really hope this stays on the market for long.

If anyone using orange mobile please let me know, what you feel.
stour
Learner

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »

Hi, Acecall is an MVNO on the new mobile operator Stour Marine. When you take a AceCall number you are taking one of the Stour Marine numbers. AceCall will also be sending out details soon of the soft phone you can use on their network. At the moment you are simply using the divert facilty just like any phone company. Stour Marine has many other customers who use WiFi / GSM phones. Stour Marine has a mobile number range allocated by Ofcom in the UK. They also have a WiFi hotspot business so are not just a VoIP operator.

The reason the numbers are not available from the O2 network or T-Mobile is because they are a new network and these connections have not been sorted out yet. They are not another Noodle.

Hope that helps.

Stour

theabrar

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:24 PM »

Hi theabrar

Which operator did you try this on? Can you check latest unbilled usage if it is reflecting now?

Regards
Nik

oops sorry..its orange...i have just checked they are not being shown in the list...but the minutes are being reduced though...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:26:50 AM by Dave » Logged
amitjajoo

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 01:19:42 PM »

I can once again confirm that this is definately coming out of inclusice min. on 3g. Have been using them since last 2 weeks and works like a charm.

Honestly, it is too much trouble changing no. all the time by logging into their website. Such a pain.

Cant wait for Mikael's 3g call through service  Tongue
nixforfun

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »

Does 3 network offers some kind of a sim-only tariff? I don't want to go for a 12 month/18 month contract. Can anyone throw some light?

Regards
Nik
amitjajoo

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »

Does 3 network offers some kind of a sim-only tariff? I don't want to go for a 12 month/18 month contract. Can anyone throw some light?

Regards
Nik

How about checking on http://three.co.uk/personal/index.omp
andy

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »

... is because they are a new network and these connections have not been sorted out yet. They are not another Noodle.

Hope that helps.

Stour

an odd choice of pronoun, using they all the time in place of we

Will your own SIM cards come online a bit faster than certain other companies's efforts?  Or is it not actually an mvno on GSM?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:39:07 PM by andy » Logged
mike

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »

Regards
Nik

The only 3 SIM only deal currently offered is on Pre-Pay.
See: http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/pay_as_you_go_/sim_only.omp

3 used to offer 6 month contracts, on a limited choice of cheap phones, but even these have disappeared from their website at present unfortunately.  They used to be displayed at http://threestore.three.co.uk/specials/, but this has a very different set of expensive 'specials' now.    Cry

leighvamessage
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:49 AM »

3 used to offer 6 month contracts, on a limited choice of cheap phones, but even these have disappeared from their website at present unfortunately.  They used to be displayed at http://threestore.three.co.uk/specials/, but this has a very different set of expensive 'specials' now.    Cry

They still do if you take a Skype Phone: http://threestore.three.co.uk/priceplans.aspx?phonecode=3SKYBLSDSL
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: