Fone Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:47:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vodafone online billing  (Read 17756 times)
A1ia5

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 03:52:57 AM »

'3' give free browsing to 'My 3' in the UK and abroad.  O2 give *#10# to pay & go, and 21202 to contracts.  T-Mobile give a free text to 150 with BALANCE to get your information.  Virgin do likewise through 789 I believe.  Vodafone only give *#1345# to their pay &go customers.

I have a CPW o2 contract and just tried calling 21202 and was told (by a rather stern, patronizing toned lady) that the no is not recognized.  Is 21202 a voice no or a no to send an sms request ?

TIA..

We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.
nixforfun

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:17:15 AM »

I have a CPW o2 contract and just tried calling 21202 and was told (by a rather stern, patronizing toned lady) that the no is not recognized.  Is 21202 a voice no or a no to send an sms request ?

TIA..

You need to send a blank SMS to 21202 to get back a text with your balance. This works for a sure on O2 direct connections- not sure if that would be the case with CPW O2 as well..
mobileman

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »

TIA..

I can confirm that nixforfun is right.  The procedure on O2 Direct is that you send a blank text to 21202, and get your balance and remaining allowances sent back to you almost immediately by return text(s).  It works extremely well.  If you go to the O2 website and input 21202 into the search tool it will take you to the details straight away.  The only thing which it does not tell you is whether you can use it abroad?  In the UK texts to 21202 are free.

I can also confirm that, sadly, CPW have NOT updated their systems to integrate this service for their customers.  It does NOT work on CPW O2 therefore.

HiPD

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »

I agree with all the information that mobileman gave.  However I should just like to add to it a little.

In my experience of using 21202, its information lags behind that shown on the O2 website a little, so it is still better to look online when you are able to do so.  This is the reverse of the situation on '3', where the balance on 333 updates immediately, ahead of the website display.

For anyone wanting accurate information fast, both Orange and Vodafone contracts  rule themselves out of the running, and thoroughly deserve to be shunned.

A message from the dark side you have Wink
nixforfun

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »

I have noticed that Vodafone online billing speed has improved recently. Earlier as reported it was taking days, but I have noticed for past 3-4 days that information about calls is getting updated in approx 3-4 hours and messages get updated next morning. Although this is still pathetically slow compared to 3 and others, but still some improvements from the past.  Smiley

Regards
Nik

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: