Fone Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:10:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raketu.com - Unlimited calls to 46 countries and Irish callthrough included  (Read 13878 times)
sohai1

« on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:08 PM »

Raketu.com: US based VoIP service. Raketu offers a softphone with integrated IPTV and VOD (Video on Demand) and a whole bunch of other features. Unlimited* calling to locations in 46 countries (Include calls to predial's Irish callthrough service) around the world (Raketu free zones) $7.95 per month. Users will be able to make pc-to-phone (RakOut) calls and phone-to-phone (RakWeb) calls, and can access the Raketu services from a desktop or mobile device. The locations in 46 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom , US Virgin Islands, USA, Vatican City, Venezuela. In addition Raketu also offers RakSMS calling service. RakSMS calling feature allows users to make international call using Raketu’s low rates when they don‘t have a computer or internet connection. All they need to do is send an SMS in the required format to an assigned number (for their country which can be checked at http://www.raketu.com/en/raksmsnumbers.php) and it will connect the call.

Unlimited calling plan and Other offers

List of Calling Plans to free zones and offers:
Unlimited calling (free zones) - $7.95 per month
1000 minutes (free zones) - $1.95 per month
1500 minutes (free zones) - $2.95 per month
Media drive 100MB - $0.99 per month
Media drive 100MB - $9.90 per year
Calls to any location - no activation needed, pay by minute, rates (Irish callthrough 0.75p/min)

*Unlimited calling: all calls are subject to Raketu’s fair usage policy which is set at 6,000 minutes per month (100 hours per months) for pc-to-phone calls, or 3,000 minutes per month for phone-to-phone calls. Calls to locations outside of Raketu’s free calling zones are excluded.

Source: http://www.raketu.com/en/unlimited.php
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:15:51 PM by sohai1 » Logged

~LiFe'Z sOmEwAt LiKe A SwEeT hElL wIcH sEeMz LiKe HeAvEn...~

(¯`·._§Ø¦÷¦Ä¿£_.·´¯)
Graham

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »

Thanks for that. I think that could turn out to be a pretty useful post for many members. Smiley
sohai1

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:13:04 AM »

I have been using their phone-to-phone service since last month and it's definitely better than similar Betamax services. I have paid $9.95 which equals about £5 and will be getting 1200 min per month for three consecutive months to dial the free destinations. And the $9.95 will only be used at regular rates, once it's over 1200 min in any given month or if I dial any destinations outside the free countries. Users can also benefit from free testing calls (Both pc-to-phone and phone-to-phone calling) for 60 min to the free destinations which will expire within a month after activation (more details at http://www.raketu.com/en/testfree.php).

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 02:25:24 AM by sohai1 » Logged

~LiFe'Z sOmEwAt LiKe A SwEeT hElL wIcH sEeMz LiKe HeAvEn...~

(¯`·._§Ø¦÷¦Ä¿£_.·´¯)
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

HI,

Anybody know what happened to this service. NOw a days its not allowing to call irish/belgium numbers. Please provide info if anybody knows about this

Jk
mike

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »

I have never used raketu myself, but I seem to remember that sohia1 and NewStarter both have.
Perhaps one of them, or someone else, can answer your query.

prion

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »

The last few days I am also having difficulty to connect to these callthrough via raketu...It might have to do with their carrier
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:48:54 PM by prion » Logged
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 03:35:07 AM »

yes, it started working again
ndiqbal

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »

Site is down!
Not looking good

'Service Unavailable'

Regards
Nadz
NewStarter

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »

The site looks fine to me now, though I have not used  it in the last 2-3 weeks.
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »

Hi,

i have used Raketu to make calls to Irish number, and it was charged with normal rates.  Any new updates?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:15:41 PM by mobaholic » Logged
HiPD

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »

Hi,

i have used Raketu to make calls to Irish number, and it was charged with normal rates.  Any new updates?

I don't understand the question Joby.  Why should you expect any updates for charges at normal rates?
It would make more sense to me if you expected updates because you were charged at above normal rates!

Please explain what it is that you are asking.

A message from the dark side you have Wink
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »

I have made a call from Uk landline number to Irish callthrough which was free till the end of september and from 1st of October these calls are charged . Did anybody had similar problems
NewStarter

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 11:16:58 AM »

Hi Joby,
I am not using Raketu these days.. and did not have any free minutes to try and see what you have reported. So I registered myself with a new Id and got 20 free minutes.

Tried to place a call from my land line to Irish call through number. It said "Insufficient Funds!!" As said, I didn't had any funds, all I had was free 20 minutes to try within free zone. I understand if at all I had any credits, it would have connected and charged me at normal rates as you have reported.

But, it has nothing to do with Irish or any other call through. Looks like Raketu is charging for calls even between two uk landline numbers. I believe this should be a bug with Raketu and short lived. I suggest you report this to Raketu.

To be on safer side, do not report anything about the Irish call through number, tell them they are charging even for numbers in the free zone.

-NS
mn_shahid

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »

hi Guys & Girls!
 Does anybody know about cheap calling service to Pakistan. if anybody knows please let me know.
kind regards thanks.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »

hi Guys & Girls!
 Does anybody know about cheap calling service to Pakistan. if anybody knows please let me know.
kind regards thanks.

Please note Mikael's reply #25 at http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9.msg2045.html#msg2045 ( second paragraph  Wink ).

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: