Fone Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my0870.com  (Read 18815 times)
Heinz
« on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

Clever!

http://www.my0870.com/
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »

I'm working on a better version of the same kind of service. It will be integrated with a points system too, so calls made during weekdays can subsidise calls made at weekends. More will be annoucned soon.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
amitjajoo

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »

I'm working on a better version of the same kind of service. It will be integrated with a points system too, so calls made during weekdays can subsidise calls made at weekends. More will be annoucned soon.

Sounds very interesting, cant wait to hear it Mikael
ndiqbal

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

This is a good post.  Cheesy

How much can you realy make out of the 0870 number ranges?  The best I have seen is 0.02p per min  Huh

Regards
Nadz
Graham

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:33:41 PM »

Thank you very much Heinz for posting about www.My0870.com. Smiley

I have been trying it out today and I have to say it works extremely well! Grin The call quality has been excellent with every call so far!

Members may like to note that there seems to be a cap of 5 numbers per email address.

However, it is very quick and easy to reroute one of your allocated 0870 numbers to a different number: all you have to do is to log in with your email address and password, and then make changes to the routed destination of one of your assigned 0870 numbers. You do this by deleting the pre-existing destination number and re-registering the new number that you require .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:47:42 AM by Graham » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »

I have received a message from a friend, who is unable to make his own post here currently, that My0870.com have a previously unannounced policy of removing any numbers from members which have not been used for 7 consecutive days.  This seems to me to be somewhat cavalier approach, about which our members should be warned.

I cannot confirm that information personally - as I have not registered for this service - but now that I have learned of it, I am rather glad that I haven't !

I do hope that Mikael's service will not impose similarly draconian measures.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »

Good to see this post being made already.

Yes, I too received similar message from My0870.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to conserve numbers, we will reclaim any numbers which are not called for seven days,
and return them to the pool of available numbers for other users.  If this might cause you
problems (e.g. because you're printing cards with one of your 0870 numbers on), then please
contact us at support@my0870.com - we'll flag the number as not to be recycled.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't see this message for a while and after two days when I sent a request to my0870 support not to recycle numbers allotted to me, they said the numbers are already reclaimed though not allotted to anyone yet. I didn't respond to it after that.

That's not good. But I admit the call quality was too good. crystal clear. If you still want to use the my0870, make sure you log on to my0870 and update your routed numbers before attempting any calls. Otherwise don't be surprised if someone else answers on the other side.  Wink

I too have registered for Mikael's new service. Will try it out tomorrow. And I am sure I won't be let down with quality  Grin

-NS
nixforfun

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »

A recent update for my0870.com - it seems they have ran out more 0870 numbers and new numbers are not being allocated. The only way now is to update existing numbers you may have allocated to you.

Regards
Nik
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »

I can confirm that my system is much more sophisticated and can allow multiple accounts per 0870 number. This means some people may get the same 0870 number, but the system will track them independently. We will therefore not need to cancel any numbers given out, and have no plans to do so. This extra work was done so that the service can be scaled up and not suffer from the problem of running out of numbers. This was already thought of before the service was designed.

Heinz
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »

I have received a message from a friend, who is unable to make his own post here currently, that My0870.com have a previously unannounced policy of removing any numbers from members which have not been used for 7 consecutive days.  This seems to me to be somewhat cavalier approach, about which our members should be warned.

I cannot confirm that information personally - as I have not registered for this service - but now that I have learned of it, I am rather glad that I haven't !

I was lucky enough to catch the email almost immediately and responded with a "Please don't" message - resulting in the number remaining 'mine'.

I can confirm that my system is much more sophisticated and can allow multiple accounts per 0870 number.

Sorry, having a blonde moment here - 'your' system?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:45:50 PM by Heinz » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »

.......  Sorry, having a blonde moment here - 'your' system?

I regret that I am unsure of your meaning here.        Cry

Did you intend your last paragraph to be a joke or what ?        Undecided

If so, please take pity on those of us who 'don't get it', and explain what you meant kindly.       Smiley

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:24:00 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Heinz
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »

I was merely seeking details of what was referred to as 'my system' (at 04:41:36 PM on 6-2-09, Mikael referred to it [Reply #8 above] but did not link to it or explain what it was/is/is to be).

In fact, I was hopeful when, in Reply #1, Mikael stated he was "working on a better version" and Reply #8 appeared to indicate that his further repies were missing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:45:43 PM by Heinz » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »

I was merely asking for details of what was referred to as 'my system' (at 04:41:36 PM on 6-2-09, Mikael referred to it (post #8 above) but did not link to it or explain what it was/is/is to be).

Thanks for the explanation Heinz.  This is one of the perils of a topic being mentioned on 2 different threads !        Shocked

Mikael's service, to which he referred, is discussed in his OP here.        Wink

HTH.        Smiley

mh.

Heinz
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »

Thank you.  This forum's layout is very 'unuser friendly' (I would have though Mikeal would know that) and I missed that thread.  I will wade through it now.

Graham

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »

I have to disagree with your last comment regarding this forum's layout, Heinz.  I have to say quite the contrary: I find it very user-friendly,..and I'm a self-confessed, low-tech luddite! Cheesy

I emailed my0870.com on the 5th February, and have not heard anything back from them about my request to keep my 5 allocated numbers. I now only have one allocated number.

This recycling after 7 days is a great drawback with this service. It is a shame as the call quality has consistently been excellent, in my experience.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: