Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:14:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movilesinfronteras.com A Spanish Mobile Callthrough service  (Read 9576 times)
Graham

« on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »

For those who spend a lot of time in Spain and possess a Spanish mobile phone, the following callthrough service from www.Movilsinfronteras.com could prove useful. It seems to operate in a similar way to a PreDial service, in that you dial their access number : 61150611 and once connected, enter the country code and the number you wish to connect to.
andy

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »

Perhaps better for people with cross-network minutes on contracts rather than from payg.

Otherwise I'd suggest one of the several virtual brands with cheap int'l calls
Graham

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

Thanks Andy. Yes, you are probably right, though it would no doubt depend on which provider you are with in Spain.

www.Talkout.es is good for international calls on pay as you go in Spain, particularly as there is no call set up charge for international calls. All other providers seem to have set up charges of in excess of 15 cents per call. Calls to UK landlines with Talkout are about 12 cents a minute, including VAT. However, it can be difficult to find sellers of this brand, even in large cities. Would you have any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:00:23 PM by Graham » Logged
petkow

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »

Would you have any other suggestions?
Sorry this is an old thread, but I only just joined. Yes you are right that Talkout is good for the zero connection charge and their rates are half decent. There are a few others of which Lebara.es is quite well known and aimed at the immigrant market. It allows you to call UK at a cheaper 8c/min but there is a 25c connection charge!  Angry Masmovil is similar but with an even higher connction charge.

Incidentally, many Spanish MVNOs (inc.Simyo) will also let you make calls to Spanish mobiles at around 8c/min, so you could call back to the UK via the callthrough you suggested at this price, which is the same price as Lebara and many others, but with smaller connection charges. In my opinion, Lebara Spain is a bit of a rip off especially for calls to Spain at 15c/min with 25c connection.

Personally, as I make a lot of calls back to the UK from my mobile, I use a Spanish Simyo SIM, pay 5 Euros a month for 500MB of data, which if I want allows me to make around 500mins of calls back to the UK via a Betamax account that offers freecalls to the UK. (You will need a SIP capable handset, or 3G modem and laptop). More info in that other thread!
Graham

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »

Thanks for the info about Simyo, Petkow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: