Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:54:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: poketalk - web service to make free domestic and international calls  (Read 8290 times)
getcopy

« on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »

I just came across this site - http://www.poketalk.com which says - "PokeTalk is a web service which allows you to make free domestic and international calls using your own phone. "

They say ads will be displayed on the screen during the call time. The list shows 55 countries call can be made to. Sounds good. Haven't tested.
Hope this is helpful. Report back with your experiences if you use it.

Thanks
-
getcopy
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

I just came across this site - http://www.poketalk.com which says - "PokeTalk is a web service which allows you to make free domestic and international calls using your own phone. "

They say ads will be displayed on the screen during the call time. The list shows 55 countries call can be made to. Sounds good. Haven't tested.

Thanks
-
getcopy

I am fascinated by this post.  Thanks getcopy.        Smiley

My question is on what screen are the ads. displayed ?        Undecided

If it is on a camera 'phone, I guess that the data use will pay for the call ?        Roll Eyes

But if one calls from a home or office landline, on what possible screen could an ad. be displayed ?        Undecided

If anyone can throw any light on this matter, please post below.

Thanks.         Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
getcopy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:38 PM »

I am fascinated by this post.  Thanks getcopy.        Smiley

My question is on what screen are the ads. displayed ?        Undecided

If it is on a camera 'phone, I guess that the data use will pay for the call ?        Roll Eyes

But if one calls from a home or office landline, on what possible screen could an ad. be displayed ?        Undecided

If anyone can throw any light on this matter, please post below.

Thanks.         Smiley
It's web service, so calls will be made by visiting their web page - you have to enter 2 numbers - call "from" and call "to". Then ads will be displayed the web page during the call. The free calls (10 mins each) can be made from 13 countries and can be made to 55 countries listed on their site. There's one youtube video as well on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHF4Iql6YE

getcopy
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »

It's web service, so calls will be made by visiting their web page - you have to enter 2 numbers - call "from" and call "to". Then ads will be displayed the web page during the call. The free calls (10 mins each) can be made from 13 countries and can be made to 55 countries listed on their site. There's one youtube video as well on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHF4Iql6YE

getcopy

Thanks again getcopy.        Smiley

I had already spotted that you cannot connect from a UK mobile, but I hadn't worked out the rest.        Embarrassed

My fault entirely.        Cry

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ven16

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »

Thanks
-
getcopy

This service only offers few countries.  It is not offering south asia, like Pakistan and India.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:59:58 AM by TheAdminTeam » Logged
getcopy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »

This is quite old topic about poketalk. I am reusing this thread as I found some news - PokeTALK has been acquired by Voxox.com which is posted on 6th Feb 2014, the details are here. I had not heard of Voxox before and don't know if this is helpful to anyone.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:09:34 PM by getcopy » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: