Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tests show Vodafone to be the fastest mobile broadband.  (Read 4819 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: June 19, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »

Tech Watch claims to have conducted tests to end the controversy about which network provides the fastest broadband.

The mobile broadband providers have been independently tested to see at last which ones are the fastest and to finally put an end to all of the claims and counter claims that have been doing the rounds recently.

Vodafone came out the fastest, followed by T Mobile.

Average Download speeds for a 2MB file:

Vodafone downloaded at 1.2Mb in 13.54 seconds
T-Mobile downloaded at 993Kb in 16.15 seconds
O2 downloaded at 812Kb in 20.17 seconds
3 downloaded at 764Kb in 21.44 seconds
Orange downloaded at 683Kb in 23.99 seconds

It’s good to see that the speeds have been put into perspective, although there is some question of the actual speeds that the providers offer, especially for users who don’t live in or around cities.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:43:36 AM »

Having made this post yesterday, I decided to check up on Vodafone's mobile broadband for myself.

Their 3GB monthly package has been halved in price to £15, the same as other operators, which places it 'in the running' over base price.

BUT their charges if you go over your allowance are the greediest I have ever seen.        Huh

Whereas '3', say, will charge you a modest £1 per MG if you exceed your allowance, Vodafone impose stiff penalties of a further £15 per GB you go over.

I queried if this was pro rata at the local Vodafone shop, but was told that they would charge you at least £4-99 if you go over even by just a few MG.

FURTHERMORE, their £25 monthly package only supplies 5GB, whereas 3 will give you 7GB for the equivalent price.        Wink

So speed tests may be one consideration for people, but I believe they should think about extortionate excess charges alongside other considerations.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:05:02 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: