Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:06:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Information about Talk Talk and 0870 calls.  (Read 6471 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: May 29, 2009, 10:10:23 AM »

The following information is taken directly from the OFC New and Offers newsletter:-

"Good news for those with TalkTalk landlines! Core Communications have just passed the following information on to us.

"What was Talk-Talk’s recent announcement?

Talk-Talk announced that from 2nd June 09 calls to numbers starting 0870 will be included in calling plans and therefore free to dial from Talk-Talk landlines at certain times.  Calls to 0870 numbers will be free with Talk-Talk depending on your calling plan (free at the weekends with the Unlimited Weekend Plan; free during the evening and at the weekend with the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan and free anytime with the Unlimited Anytime Plan).
Talk-Talk’s only restrictions are a fair usage policy (see below) and that you must be a Talk-Talk line rental customer and register online at www.talktalk.co.uk/freecalls to receive free calls to 0870 numbers within your calling plan."

See below for more details, as provided by Core Communications.

"0870 Talk-Talk

Talk-Talk recently announced calls to 0870 numbers will now be included in their Calling plans and therefore FREE to dial from Talk-Talk landlines.  This is great news for users wanting to make cheap international calls.

To take advantage of this amazing deal, existing customers with calling plans simply need to visit the Talk-Talk website at www.talktalk.co.uk/freecalls to register.  Don’t worry it’s not a long registration form, all you need to do is type in your Talk-Talk landline number plus your postcode and you’re done!  Talk-Talks website confirms calls to these numbers will then be automatically included in your plan.

Talk-Talk FAQ's –

What was Talk-Talk’s recent announcement?

Talk-Talk announced that from 2nd June 09 calls to numbers starting 0870 will be included in calling plans and therefore free to dial from Talk-Talk landlines at certain times.

When can I call 0870 numbers for free on my Talk-Talk calling plan?

Calls to 0870 numbers will be free with Talk-Talk depending on your calling plan (free at the weekends with the Unlimited Weekend Plan; free during the evening and at the weekend with the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan and free anytime with the Unlimited Anytime Plan).

Have Talk-Talk placed any restrictions on this offer?

Talk-Talk’s only restrictions are that you must be a Talk-Talk line rental customer and register online at www.talktalk.co.uk/freecalls to receive free calls to 0870 numbers within your calling plan.

What is Talk-Talk’s fair usage policy for 0870 numbers?

A usage policy of a maximum per call duration of 60 minutes applies.
Talk-Talk’s own website advises customers to redial at 59mins to avoid any charges.

What will happen if I exceed the Fair Usage Policy?

If you exceed the Fair Usage Policy Talk-Talk standard rates apply.
For full details please visit
http://media.talktalk.co.uk/sites/TalkTalk/Global/PDF/TalkTalkPricePlan.pdf

What is an indirect access number?

An indirect access number is a number or code which is dialed prior to an identifiable final destination phone number.

What if I dial the 0870 number from another provider or mobile phone?

You can call our access number from other mobile and landline providers’ however charges may vary. All charges and scenarios referred to on this site are based on Talk-Talk calling plan customers.  Please make sure you understand what your telephone service provider will charge for calling our 0870 access number.

How can I check if I will be charged to call this 0870 number?

If you want to be absolutely certain how your service provider will treat calls to 0870 numbers simply make a test call and check your bill to see how the call was charged.

1.) Make a 30 second call to any international destination using our 0870 access number.
2.) After waiting a short period, check your on-line bill or contact your telephone service provider to see if you were charged for the call. If it shows a zero cost for the call to the Magic0870 access number, then it came out of your Calling Plan inclusive minutes.

What if I make a call outside my monthly calling plans? (How much will it cost?)

Talk-Talk’s website states that calls made outside of calling plans will be charged at their standard rate. For full details please visit http://media.talktalk.co.uk/sites/TalkTalk/Global/PDF/TalkTalkPricePlan.pdf

We will make no charge to you for calls to the service.

What happens if I call the number outside of the advertised times?

We publish a full list of destinations and availability times on our web site. Outside of these published times your call will not be connected to the international destination.

Will I receive another bill from you?

No, you will only be billed by your existing service provider for calls to our access number or if you have a Talk-Talk calling plan and are eligible to make calls to 0870 numbers within that plan then you will see those listed in your inclusive minutes.

Why can I call some destinations 24/7 but others 24/5 or 8am/6pm Monday to Friday only?

Because of the cost of connecting calls to different destinations around the world varies, the rates we are offered by the telecoms operators reflect this. Therefore you will notice some of the more expensive destinations will not be as freely available to call as some others."

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:19:56 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »

The web site to register for free calls is  http://www.talktalk.co.uk/freecallsform
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

The web site to register for free calls is  http://www.talktalk.co.uk/freecallsform

You are correct about this Joby.  Thank you.        Smiley

HOWEVER, there is some bad breaking news that TalkTalk have just changed their terms and conditions.        Huh

Hi everyone,
We are sorry to say that TalkTalk have made some changes to their conditions now.
We have just received the following message from Core Communications:

' Dear Agent,
Yesterday TalkTalk added new terms and conditions to the usage of 0870 with free minutes.  They are treating 0845 and 0870 numbers for indirect access and dial-up services the same way BT do.  In others
words, according to TalkTalk’s term’s and condition’s our 0870 access numbers will not be include in their free minutes.
TalkTalks terms and conditions state:

“The availability of free 0845 and 0870 calls excludes indirect access numbers and dial-up Internet access.  The inclusive call limit of 60mins also applies to these calls.”

For more information please visit our website at http://www.talktalk.co.uk/pricechange and scroll down to “2nd June Changes”.'

This is disappointing news.  You can still use our 0870 access numbers, of course, but you will need to monitor closely how much, if anything, you are being charged for these calls.

Source:- OFC news and offers email communication.

There is a thread running on this topic here.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:50:38 AM »

Thanks MH,

bad news. I hope we will use it carefully and monitor whats going to happen. Please update if there is any new information.

Jk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: