Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky TV package  (Read 11453 times)
rashmi_sweet23

« on: June 22, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »

I just finished 1 year of my Sky TV contract where I was paying £15.00 pm and digibox was given free. I received a letter from Sky that now onwards I would be paying £17.00 instead of £15.00 pm as the initial 1 year discount period was over. I called them and asked to stop the service as I could have just asked one of my friend to recommend me again to Sky to get reconnected. This would give 50 £ M&S vouchers each to myself and my friend to recommend me. (I actually collected these vouchers last year this way!)
They agreed to keep my monthly charges to £15.00. It was just a single phone call to save me £ 2.00 pm.

Since the start of new free TV websites, many Asian channels are available free anyway, for which sky charges extra on the top of their basic £15.00 contract.
ndiqbal

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »

Not for long.  Most Asian channels now encrypted or encrypting:-
QTV
GEO TV
GEO News
AAG
DD India (Left EPG)
DM News (Also leaving SKY soon!)

Regards
Nadz
rashmi_sweet23

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »

'Make hay while the sun shines.'

rashmi_sweet23

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »

Link to GEO TV is-

http://www.rizwanashraf.com/2007/11/14/watch-geo-tv-online/
twister32

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 05:56:16 AM »

Thank you very much for your kind information. its very handy  Shocked

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:09:50 AM by mobaholic » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »

Thank you very much for your kind information. its very handy  Shocked

Good morning twister32, please let me welcome you to the forum.        Smiley

The last time I heard from Rashmi, she was contemplating a fortnight's holiday in India.
Although I don't know if that is happening, or has begun yet, it is possible that she will not be around for a little while.

However, I am sure she will be pleased with your appreciation when she sees your post.  Cheers.        Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
twister32

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:29:16 AM »

thanks mobaholic since u disappeared from nifty nifty is boring no one posting anything been searching for mobaholic in google and after all few days back found your new forum. i an glad to be a member of your forum. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: