Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:15:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American call thru - 5 mins calls to India atleast  (Read 5789 times)
getcopy

« on: July 25, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »

I came across the info about this American call thru service which can be used to make calls to India at least, for 5 mins. It's actually free directory assistance service, but has one option to make "free call". There is no mention of this free call option in their website. But I have tried it for India and it really did work. I don't know which all countries can be reached from this call thru. If you have some means to make calls USA for free, then you can use this service.

Call 0018003733411 which is US number. You will listen to prerecorded welcome message followed by short ad about 5 secs. Then prerecorded message ask you to select one of their service options. The last option is Free Call. You don't have to press any number or key to select but instead say FREE CALL loudly in your phone. This voice message will be read by their server and you will go to next step to actually make a free international call. They will run a short ad about 5 secs. When the ad stops, you can start dialing your international number in countycode+citycode (if any)+phone number format. Please do not press # or *, its not required. The call will be automatically placed to the desired number. The operator prompts your call is getting connected. Once connected you can talk for up to 5 minutes and then your call is disconnected.

The actual website of this service is http://www.free411.com/index.php
There is some info on wikipedia as well - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-800-FREE-411
But as said earlier there is no mention of this free call option.
I found this - http://www.facebook.com/pages/1-800-Free411/16771018747?ref=s
where there is mention of calls to anywhere in the world for free.

Hope it's useful to someone
Thanks
getcopy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:57:55 PM by getcopy » Logged
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »

Shocked

theabrar

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »

This is really good, anyother similar services?
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

This service is of obvious interest to those who have international calling packages on their landlines, but I have been wondering if there are any economic ways of accessing it from a mobile ?        Undecided

Having made a few test calls, I can report the following:-

1).  T-Mobile users can use the YourCallWorld service to access it via 07755 220 220 for 3p / min.

2).  Apart from that, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Mikael's SMS topup service also connected me, so this can be used from any network by those with calling credits.        Wink

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: