Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: unlimited free calling to india through a 020 number for 10 pounds a month  (Read 17573 times)
kc.gangavarapu

« on: August 09, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »

i have seen a website http://www.globaletalk.com/friends.html#    which is offering unlimited calls from UK to aircel mobiles in India for 10 pounds a month through landline numbers like 020 . And aircel  is available now in Andhra , Karnataka ,Kerala ,Tamilnadu ,Chennai and in 18 circles of the total 23 circles.  it is due to start in the remaining  circles as well in the next few months.  And i think its network in the new circles like andhra is Tata indicom s network. so better availability. And the Sim is available  from  aircel with life time validity which means free incoming for upto network license period for Indian Rupees 99. Take a look at the aircel website for Sims http://www.aircel.com/

And  the interesting thing is you can call any number of aircel customers in India and 24 hours ,30 days a month for 10 pounds .

i haven't used it yet but any body wants unlimited calling to India can  have a look
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:10:02 AM by kc.gangavarapu » Logged
moonandstar

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

This seems to be a good service for heavy callers to India. It would be nice to hear from some users of the service regarding call quality and reliability.

moonandstar.
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:16:11 PM »

Dear Sir,

I have seen the website which you have mentioned in your post and as far as I understood is that you have to pay 10£ for every Aircel number that you want to make unlimited calls to India. They will give you a specifically designed access number that allows calls to your registered Aircel mobile number in India.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If at all that is providing unlimited calls to any Aircel number in India, this would be a great offer.

Thanking you

Regards,
Srikanth.
Goodman

I hope I didn't brain my damage

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »

from the website

"You can register any number of Friends&Family parties from India for making unlimited calls to them and each connection will cost at £10 per month"

so it is £10 a month/number.

I could have lived with that if they could have allowed to dial that aircel number from multiple phones (like mobile/landlines or so. in that case atleast your family members will be able to that number using your account.)

but in this case its from one registed uk number to one aircel registered number for £10 a month

everything that can go wrong will go wrong
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »

Dear Goodman,

Thanks for your clarification. In which case it is going out to be expensive to some extent unless some one who speaks with their parents back in India daily (of course like me ) this service is quiet useful.

I wondered if there is any service that offers unlimited calls to any Indian number from UK through a landline access number for some fee every month. Has anyone came across services of this kind.

Thanking you

Regards,
Srikanth.
Goodman

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »

btw just to update on the call quality it is very good and it does what it says on the tin. I have used it like anything to call and surely its lot worth.

amitjajoo

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »

But I guess the major limitation is the specific network to be used in India  Angry
Goodman

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »

Specific number and network. but if you call your parent or girfriend/wife regulary for long hours these are really best.

amitjajoo

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:39:44 AM »

Specific number and network. but if you call your parent or girfriend/wife regulary for long hours these are really best.

Yeah, but I have vonage for that purpose which is much cheaper. One would need to call up a lot of other people as well and then you have to spend a lot extra over and above this charge.

Good deal but would find favour with only a few selected people.
petkow

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »

I wonder if this is a service officially endorsed by Aircel, or if its a company that have setup gateways with local Aircel SIMs in a backoffice in India to route free on-network calls. The leg from the UK to India will happen via VOIP. Each local SIM will map to one UK customer.

A nice idea and a good money spinner! Well done to Globaletalk!
viv

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »

btw just to update on the call quality it is very good and it does what it says on the tin. I have used it like anything to call and surely its lot worth.
Hi are you currently using this service i am about to try this service so need some more infoemation....
Thanks
viv

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

I have used the service and felt it was good in the starting 15 days and then the problem started it was not connecting the aircel number when you dial. when you ring customer service the answer they were giving is not appreciated. now everything is changed and its no longer unlimited its only 1500 min/month for 10 Pounds!!!
umeepatel

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »

Embarrassed  Embarrassed no more unlimited calls through 020 numbre. Just only 1500 min for £10 per month
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

It doesn't seem to be any more worthful service for £10 a month. Huh
Goodman

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »

well the service has changed a lot over the time. Previously it used to be unlimited call from 020 number to 1 aircel mobile for a month. They did include some of the recommendation made by the people and made it more open.

The new changes are

1500 min/ month for £10

you can add up to three mobile phone to your account and they can be on any network except BSNL which is very comparing comparing to previous offer which was Aircel only.

1500 min will be shared among the three mobiles.

now thats a very good offer apart from the 1500 min ( but its still 150 min per £)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: