Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fame at last !  (Read 10510 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: June 24, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »

I don't know if anyone has spotted this yet, but we now appear in google searches.        Grin

See:-   here.        Wink       ( We are the second entry down ).

Joel very kindly added us to google's list of searches some time ago    Smiley    here,
but it seems that it takes google some time to catch up.        Shocked   

Many thanks Joel.        Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »

No, not second. We are in the fourth entry.  Smiley
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:33 AM »

No, not second. We are in the fourth entry.  Smiley

No NS, we are the second one down if you use the link I provided.

We are the fifth entry is if you restrict the search to the UK.        Wink

Surprisingly we come higher up in a world search than we do in the UK where we are based !        Grin

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:58:36 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »

But the second link takes you to telecomforum thread where they discuss about foneforum.
It does not take you to foneforum home page. fourth link does that.. thats why I replied so.  Wink
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:11:45 AM »

But the second link takes you to telecomforum thread where they discuss about foneforum.
It does not take you to foneforum home page. fourth link does that.. thats why I replied so.  Wink

It really doesn't NS, not where I am anyway.

The second link IS:-

Fone Forum - IndexWelcome to foneforum Please view here first of all, 2 Posts 2 Topics, Last post by mobaholic in Contacting an admin on June 06, 2008, 10:38:40 AM ...
www.foneforum.co.uk/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

The links to telecomforum discussions come in entries 4 and 5 on my page, with a quote from yourself in the 6th        Wink

What are you doing with the link ?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:17:18 AM by mobaholic » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »

I have received an email from Joel, saying that the conclusion he draws from this thread is that:-

I guess different people will see search results in different orders!        Wink

Thanks Joel, that sounds like an intelligent explanation to me.        Smiley

leighvamessage
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 04:04:33 AM »

Your also now appearing on Yahoo Search. Wink

About nine down from top.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&rd=r1&fr=yfp-t-501&p=%2Bfoneforum+uk&fr2=sp-qrw-orig-top&norw=1
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:06:47 AM by leighvamessage » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »

Thanks for your observations LVM.        Smiley

I have just clicked on your link, and we appear in 6th position this morning.        Smiley

Possibly this is another case of the phenomenon we discovered yesterday - that different people see search results in differing orders.       Shocked

Anyway, it is good to see you making a positive contribution here.  It is nice to show that 'broken fences' can be mended - when there is a mutual desire to do so.        Wink

Your latest posts are much appreciated.  Thank you.        Smiley

mh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: