Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jhole/Glitch glitch unlimited sms 75 mins any network £3.04 brand new phone  (Read 12947 times)
Goodman

I hope I didn't brain my damage

« on: September 16, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

Ok guys something interesting and I have a feeling that some of you have already seen it last night or today. Its a deal which is perfect for Mikes new idea for calling India abroad. Its a glitch on three website

follow following instructions to get it

if you are after unlimited text free mobile and 75 mins to anyone and pay £3.04 month here is the trick:

add first the mobile/deal you like.

So let's say you add sony ericsson k660i http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=18UT15D120. Click buy now.

It will take you to basket.

From the top choose find a mobile, click nokia, right at the bottom pick n97,
then right at the bottom again Mix & Match 1100 with Unlimited Landline 1100 for £47 a month.
Click pick, then buy it now. It'll take you to the basket.

In the promo code add aff99. Then remove n97 and remove internet max. This should work at £3.04 a month,.

use the cashback site to get some cashback from three.

I used above to get E63 for £7.90 with unlimited txt , unlimited browsing and unlimited three to three call + 75 xnet min.

you tube video to do the same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox3_wuF8Gi4

you can actually get skype phone for £3.15 or so using th above trick and that will give free skype phone + 75 min + unlimited txt + free skype to skype call

And yes ont forget to print your offer before finally confirming your order as the email shows full price but a call to them confirms that the discount has been applied.

you better be quick as other aff code has already been disabled by 3 network. so use aff99 and be quick.

last checked working at 15:43 on 16/09/2009

everything that can go wrong will go wrong
amitjajoo

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

still working with aff99
HiPD

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »

Neither of Goodman's promo codes are working for me, which is both a disappointment and a relief.   Shocked

It is disappointing from a selfish point of view, but would it be moral to exploit such a loophole even if it still existed?   Undecided

I know full well that the '3' network has screwed a lot of it's customers in the past, myself included, but to screw them back is to descend to their level.   Roll Eyes

I think they have now closed the loopholes, which may be just as well, as it saves others from falling into the amoral attitude of those applauding the opportunity.   Huh

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:52:08 PM by HiPD » Logged

A message from the dark side you have Wink
Goodman

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 11:07:56 PM »

seems like you didn't follow the instructions as its still working. though I am glad that you didn't follow it as if you are confused with the moral then its better to stay away.

My idea is simple I dont believe in exploiting small company or individuals as they work really really hard to get where they are and they generally always care about there customer while company like "3" are there to make just money and nothing else, cs is last on there list.

Also the glitch is there from last two days the company very well knows about it. but they are doing simple calculation. with less money they are getting you to sign a contract for 18 months and counting on you that you will over spend and they will make money. already 10000's pf people have bought it last few days and the glitch is still on
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:11:01 PM by Goodman » Logged

gemeni5093

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »

yes its still working ...good stuff
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »

I have found the exchange between HiPD and Goodman interesting, from two different points of view.        Shocked

First, I think that HiPD was quite right in drawing attention to the fact that there is a moral question involved, as this had not been addressed by the OP.  However, Goodman's reply - that 3 know all about the glitch - is a counter argument, possibly.  On the other hand, I am somewhat uncertain about that, as it seems to run contrary to his assertion that 3 were hurriedly removing other prom codes, and that people needed to hurry to take advantage of the offer.  It seems to me to be either a deliberate marketing strategy by '3', or an error which they are correcting: I don't see how he can argue it both ways.

Secondly, HiPD was correct about the offer no longer working, at the time that he posted.
I myself tried just after amitjajoo had posted, and found it working.  However, half an hour later, I tried again, and found that it had been removed.  This was before HiPD's post was made.        Wink

This morning, I saw Goodman's reply #3, backed up by gemini5093, so I tried again, and did indeed find that it would work again !  Confusing or what ?!        Roll Eyes

So I suggest that there is some strange and unexplained time element involved, and that all posters have been correct at the time of their posting.        Wink

If anyone else has any light to throw on this subject, please reply below.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:45:35 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Goodman

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »

My idea  to suggest people to hurry up was based on how many contract "3" wants to get hold of them. I am pretty sure that they knew about it at very early stage but didn't bother to fix it straight away as they were eyeing on the contracts. Being a webmaster myself I know that all the companies automatically gets alarm when they receive a sudden flux of people visiting there website or odering over the website.  Frankly speaking each contract is worth more then what it seems like. very few people in current time want to have a contract and this is what three is getting/

Lets take the example of Nokia E63. for you and me probably its worth £100 or so but for company its not that expensive at all. Look at the companies like Vodafone and O2 they give you £100 through cashback sites (topcashback or quidco)  if you sign there sim only contract for a month which is 800 min and unlimitted txt or so. tso at the end you pay only £140 max. the same contract(with say 600min) with a phone will cost you £420 or so.

Goodman

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

just to do an update aff99 is possibly not working (its intermittant ) but use code aff76 which I have just checked working at 14:06 on 17th of sept 2009.

gemeni5093

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »

this new code is working  Wink
i am pretty much sure they just want to make there customers in this credit crunch ..they better know there is some problem in there web.
but good for customers ..specially 15 gb mobile broad band which they normally charge £15 for 24 months one can get from £ 7.90  by using this code Wink
not bad deal Smiley

kind regards
gemeni5093
nixforfun

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »

I strongly believe that "3" wants this deal to be there. The deal is already on HUKD (hotUKdeals forum) for last 3.5 days and there are almost 1100 comments on it. Not sure how many people have bought it, but clearly suggests loads of people know about it. I am sure some of 3 employees would be knowing about it. If the offer is still working, it does suggest it is deliberate. If "3" was having trouble managing their promo codes, & they would not want this deal to be there, they would have taken all their promo codes down for review.

Question is why would "3" let such a deal remain? Some possible reasons I can think of are to do with the recent happenings in the UK telecoms market. With Orange and T-mobile merging, "3" becomes a distant number 4 in the race and the difference between 3rd largest provider (vodafone) & "3" is 17% (huge). "3" definitely will be coming for some heavy bidding in the coming days- both vodafone and O2 will atleast give it a try (whether regulators allow it is highly unlikely). The valuation of any operator is linked to its market share and number of subscribers and ARPU amongst other things. Hutchison Whampoa has a reputation of quitting telecom markets after they have made enough value for their investment. Possibly, "3" marketing teams have been asked to get customers at whatever costs Huh

This is my understanding of the situation. Could be totally wrong- but invite views from knowledgeable people around.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »

I can only express my own opinion too Nik, but I will give my 'penny's worth'.

Actually I don't differ much from your analysis of the motives of '3', but I do have some concerns nevertheless.  I am not so much bothered now about what HiPD called the 'moral question', as I think that Graham is right in what he said to me today: '3' are a big enough concern to take care of their themselves.  However, therein lies the rub.

Goodman has been quite right in advising people to make copies of all the screens in placing an order, because the email confirmation that '3' send out shows the full price ( I am reliably told ), not the discounted deal agreed to.  What is more, they do not accept replies via email, nor calls to customer services ( which cannot be made as the mobile number is not known till delivery ), but insist on any queries being dealt with via a call to a 0844 number.  But if that confirmation email is not challenged, all sorts of difficulties could arise.  Goodman may well be right about their customer services eventually agreeing that they will only pay the discounted rate, but what would happen if they were to change their mind ?

It seems to me that '3' would be entitled ( should they chose ) to query the use of a promo code ( and members here have not even been told what the qualification is for using such a promo code ! ), and to say that it's use is invalid.  It hasn't happened yet, as far as I know, but it could do, possibly.  IF that happened, members could find themselves stuck in a legal quagmire, and possibly a 18 month contract at full rate to which they would never have signed up had they known.  I am not trying to be alarmist, but I am thinking about the 'worst case scenario'.

I think it would help some were Goodman to say more about the various prom codes that he has found, who they are designed for, and any qualifications that may be attached to their use.  '3' may allow them to hook new customers, but once you have swallowed such a hook, you are very much at the mercy of the one dangling it.  Those who think they are making one over on '3', do face some risk that the tables could be turned on them.  '3' could 'reel them in', only to find that they were hooked on some contract that they really didn't want.

I do hope that these fear prove unjustified, of course, but I thought I should share them for others to think about.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

As far as I can tell, none of Goodman's promo codes are now working on the '3' website.

Are you able to update us about the situation Goodman please ?

amitjajoo

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »

None working now  Undecided
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

My experience with this glitch. I managed to take the contract out with the discount. I've taken e71 on L15pm texter. Thanks to the codes I brought it down to L7.98pm. I've also printed the breakdown of all figures just before the checkout. I got the handset on Monday 19/9 and called the same day to see if they honour the discount. My query was escaleted and I was advised to send the printout to them - and so I did by fax. Nearly fortnight after and they're still not having the answer. I decided to cancel the contract in the last day od cooling off period just to be on the safe side...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: