Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:37:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited International Calls from O2  (Read 107700 times)
petkow

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »

Will someone who has actually used the servcie please clarify.
Well I think we have Wali. He appears to confirm option 1 of your 3.
wali

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »

Yes it is option one in my case.
NewStarter

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »

Yes it is option one in my case.

I agree with Petkow, you need to contact O2 CS and get this sorted out. I am sure you will get the charges refunded. This is a bundle on it's own and the call should be part of the bundle, they can't be charging that high for a 02 number.
petkow

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 12:40:19 PM »

they can't be charging that high for a 02 number.
... especially as has been pointed out by Andy, it is often cheaper to call the international destination direct!
wali

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

Thanks very much for help indeed.I will call customer service to sort this problem out.
Thanks to everyone for help.
andy

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 01:07:46 PM »

I just had a chat with (contract) customer services, saying the website looks like it says the calls are in the package but a friend (on payg) seems to have been charged

So far, they've been told a little bit about this service, and their instructions are to direct queries about the service to look at the website ...

Lets hope wali can get a refund, as that surely looks like the way the design is intended
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:11:42 PM by andy » Logged
petkow

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

Wali. It might also be worth dropping an email to Support-IFF@jajah.com. If I have time, I might also drop them an email with a few further questions.

Assuming that these issues of outgoing calls get sorted out, there is also the incoming side of the business which is potentially interesting for some of us. If for you have friends abroad who call you a lot you can get a landline number in another country for them. Often they can then call you for free (such as out of their own inclusive minutes or packages)! They can also use VoIP to call you, as in many cases calling landlines in these countries is free. (e.g. with most Betamax brands). 

Also, for people who do re-diverts from their UK landline numbers (or a DID or VoIPin number), there are some potentially interesting applications as a divert to most foreign landline numbers usually works out much cheaper than a divert to a UK mobile. In many cases it can even be free!! (e.g. if you are using a Betamax VoIP brand).

Here is an example:
1. Let us assume you already have an incoming 0208 number with a VoIP provider that you can divert to SIP.
2. You sign up for o2 IFF, and chose yourself a number in USA (as an example).
3. You then sign up to a Betamax brand like Rynga.com and get yourself some credit and freedays.
4. In Rynga.com go to call forwarding options and chose to divert all calls to the USA number of o2 IFF
5. Divert your own 0208 number to your Rynga.com SIP address
6. Now users who call the 0208, will get put through to your o2 UK mobile phone for Free!!
7. Effectively you have just built a DIY o2 "Mobile landline"!

You could also do this via your Skype account and use their favourable rates for calling USA (much cheaper than calling UK mobile). I think diverts at SkypeOut rates can be done for incoming calls to your Skype username or your SkypeIn number if you have one. 

Also, I did a bit of research on the range of incoming numbers available. Here is the deal:
I can confirm the following cities are available:

Australia:
Canberra
Melbourne
Sydney

Belgium:
Anttwerp
Brussels
Mechelin

Brazil:
Brasilia
Rio
Salvador
Sao Paulo

Bulgaria:
Sofia

Canada:
Montreal
Quebec
Vancouver
Toronto

Cyprus:
Nicoisa

CZ Republic
Brno
Ostravia
Prague

France:
Marceille
Paris
Toulouse

Germany:
Berlin
Munich

Hungary:
Budapest
Limerick?? (Mistake.. should be in Ireland)

Ireland:
Cork
Dublin
Galway

Italy:
Milan
Rome

Latvia
National (presume it is a NGN)

Lithuania:
Vilnius

Netherlands:
Amsterdam
Maastricht
Rotterdam

NZ:
Auckland
Wellington

Poland:
Krackow
Lodz
Wroclaw
Warsaw

Portugal:
Nomadic (NGN)

Slovakia:
Bratislava
Kosice

Spain
Barcelona
Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla

Sweden:
Goteburg
Malmo
Stockholm

USA
Chicago
Denver
Dallas
LA
Detroit
Miami
New Orleans
Boston
Washington
San Fransisco
New Orleans
Philadelphia
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 01:49:49 PM »

Well I don't want to knock the contributions from andy or moonandstar, but if I were a betting man ( which I am not ) my money would go on petkow's view 100%.        Wink

I believe the 0203 calls are free if you have this package ( up to 5000 minutes per month ), and that if wali has this package and has been charged for calling his 0203 number, he should complain and seek a refund as petkow advised.  This is what my gut instinct says anyway.        Wink

Sorry all, I thought I was replying just after moonandstar's post.  I was obviously on the previous page of the thread !        Embarrassed

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:19:37 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »

Updates:

Apparently if you call the 0203 from something that is not your mobile, you get the following message:
"...this number is not registered with o2 International Friends and Family"

There are still doubts about whether users get charged to call the 0203 or not. Just from reading around a bit, from what I understand most contract (pay monthly users) are not being charged nor is usage reducing their inclusive minites. However, some PAYG users have been charged and some not. One user had no credit on a PAYG, then topped up 10GBP credit, then setup the service for 3 numbers, received one reverse charged text message which debited him the full GBP10 and is now happily making calls. So obviously he is not being charged for the 0203.
wali

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »

Hello,
Yesterday i have ring customer service and told them about that i have been charge for 0203 calls.
Now they have fixed the problem.and i have made calls to 0203 with no credit in my phone.And they will refund me that amount soon.
Thanks for your good suggestions and reply.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:52 AM »

Hello,
Yesterday i have ring customer service and told them about that i have been charge for 0203 calls.
Now they have fixed the problem.and i have made calls to 0203 with no credit in my phone.And they will refund me that amount soon.
Thanks for your good suggestions and reply.

Thanks for sharing the good news with us wali.        Smiley

Was this on O2 contract, or Pay & Go ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing the good news with us wali.        Smiley

Was this on O2 contract, or Pay & Go ?        Undecided
I think it was on a PAYG as that is what he was first talking about somewhere higher up.

Hello everone,
I have used this service on a O2 pay as you go with unlimited landline bolt on.When u call 0203 number that minutes will not deducted from your inclusive land line minutes.But they do charge that call separetly.Can any one tell me what about the pay monthly sims?
if i sign up for a new contract sim with unlimited landline minutes will it be the same??
Thanks,
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »

Eagle eyes !        Grin

I have been busy with PMs, for some inexplicable reason, and didn't take enough time looking through the thread before posting.        Lips sealed

Anyway, thanks petkow.        Smiley

ganjbakhash

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

Hello Guys!

I am using this service since last 2 days for Pakistan. I got some Quality Problems in it. Rarely its crystal clear, mostly its medium and sometime too bad. Yesterday was bit Ok today I faced more problems regarding quality.

Any other user could share the experience and for which country? 

Regards,

Wanna Change The World? Change Yourself!
twister32

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2010, 06:17:23 AM »

(((ganjbakhash)))    a friend of mine registered and he got some EU country number to call from Pakistan not Pakistani local number did you get Pakistani number or some other?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: