Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:39:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal for pre-dial NGN service for mobile users.  (Read 13874 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: August 11, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »

Following my post reply #143 at http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3643.msg18923,
I have engaged in protracted discussions with Mikael, off and on, concerning my ideas for a pre-dial NGN service, for mobile users in particular.        Wink

Although most would probably want to call 0870 and 0845 numbers as needed, I believe that it would be marvellous if the new service could facilitate calls to all NGN number ranges.  This would enable the choice of many more callthroughs to be made for various destinations, and would be no threat to pre-dial if they were providing part of the service economically - for a larger volume of calls.        Wink

In fact there is already a choice for calling both 0845 and 0870 numbers, ( I know of Telesave, GoTalk, and 18185 currently, apart from Top Up options ), but I know of little competition for calls to 0871 numbers ( just QX Dial + and GoTalk ), and  no competition at all for calling 0844 and 0872, ( just QX Dial+ as far as I am aware ).        Shocked

I think it is high time that QX were given some competition for such services, and I should greatly like to be able to announce that you would provide for the lot !        Grin

From your point of view, you are limited in profit margin by the existing offerings on 0870 and 0845, BUT you could make competitive offerings on 0844, 0871 and 0872, whilst still undercutting QX by some margin, possibly.        Wink

FYI QX Dial+ charges 6 points for calling 0871 ( which I calculate is approximately 12p / min ), AND 6 points for calling 0844 ( except for their own 0844 number to India, which is charged half price at 3 points ).
GoTalk beat this with their 10p rate for all 0871 calls, but I don't think they provide 0872 access.        Cry

So, if you could charge between 10 and 12p for 0871, and somewhere in between 5 and 6p for 0844, I believe that it may be possible for you to undercut QX a little, gain good will for your services, and derive more traffic and income for pre-dial.        Smiley

You could also consider offering different prices for the different price bands, which QX do not really do at present, although that may complicate how your prices could be displayed.        Undecided

We all know how the mobile networks are hacking out monopoly profits for themselves by making NGN calls non inclusive, and charging what they like.  There would be nothing better for consumer competition than a reasonably priced alternative for mobile users.
I am sure that someone will pick up that business sooner or later: so why don't you make that pre-dial's territory ?        Undecided

I commend this proposal to your kind consideration.        Smiley

Regards.

mh.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:49:06 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
G4WWK

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »

Following my post reply #143 at http://www.telecomforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3643.msg18923,
I have engaged in protracted discussions with Mikael, off and on, concerning my ideas for a pre-dial NGN service, for mobile users in particular.        Wink

Although most would probably want to call 0870 and 0845 numbers as needed, I believe that it would be marvellous if the new service could facilitate calls to all NGN number ranges.  This would enable the choice of many more callthroughs to be made for various destinations, and would be no threat to pre-dial if they were providing part of the service economically - for a larger volume of calls.        Wink

In fact there is already a choice for calling both 0845 and 0870 numbers, ( I know of Telesave, GoTalk, and 18185 currently, apart from Top Up options ), but I know of little competition for calls to 0871 numbers ( just QX Dial + and GoTalk ), and  no competition at all for calling 0844 and 0872, ( just QX Dial+ as far as I am aware ).        Shocked

I think it is high time that QX were given some competition for such services, and I should greatly like to be able to announce that you would provide for the lot !        Grin

I agree, QXdial+ also offer geo 0370 peak time point scoring numbers at 0.11point per min, and a 0370 to 0800 callthrough scoring 0.2point per min.
0370 comes out of inclusive landline tariffs like Orange racoon.
It's not at lot of points but with BT and Orange racoon tariffs offering unlimited landline, one can leave connected for hours at a time

Any chance Mikael could also offer a 0370 to score predial points?

Steve Terry

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:48:42 AM by Dave » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »

This is a good post G4WWK, but it was somewhat spoilt by a lack of care in how you made the quotation.  So that you will know what to do in future, please click on the Quote button provided when you wish to make a quotation.  This automates the process, making it quick and easy, AND ensures that the end of quote marker [/Quote] is correctly positioned.   Wink

I have edited your post for you on this occasion.   Smiley

Thanks.   Smiley

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:23:41 AM by Dave » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »

I agree, QXdial+ also offer geo 0370 peak time point scoring numbers at 0.11point per min, and a 0370 to 0800 callthrough scoring 0.2point per min.
0370 comes out of inclusive landline tariffs like Orange racoon.
It's not at lot of points but with BT and Orange racoon tariffs offering unlimited landline, one can leave connected for hours at a time

Any chance Mikael could also offer a 0370 to score predial points?

Steve Terry

Steve,

I can confirm that I am working on a new 03 top-up service that will provide points and you will not even have to call an 0800 number. I am hoping to make an announcement here within 2 to 3 weeks. Intially the service will not be linked to the existing pre-dial points service, but will be a different service altogether. However there may be a possibility of adding an 03 top-up capability to the pre-dial points service in due course.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:04:37 AM by mobaholic » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »

I am wondering, Mikael, if you missed a nuance in G4WWK's post ?        Undecided

He indicated that it was advantageous to call through to a 0800 number, as QXDial + actually award you more points that way.        Wink

Could not that feature be incorporated in the service on which you are working ?        Undecided

Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »

I am wondering, Mikael, if you missed a nuance in G4WWK's post ?        Undecided

He indicated that it was advantageous to call through to a 0800 number, as QXDial + actually award you more points that way.        Wink

Could not that feature be incorporated in the service on which you are working ?        Undecided

Well it was not missed, but I agree I did not perhaps mention as much as I could. I am looking to see if the service I have in mind could provide more units in conjunction with allowing calls to 0800 numbers, but the other point is that at the moment it looks like my planned service will provide better value even without having to call 0800 numbers.

BJ

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:07:09 AM »

If G4WWK is talking about using it from a  BT Landline they start charging after 60 minutes,so you would need to redial ,and Orange operate a fair use policy of 3000 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:09:45 AM by BJ » Logged
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »

Thansk for the reminder about these limits. The service is being designed to automatically cut-off in periods up to an hour, so to avoid charges on any networks with 1 hour limits. Obviosuly customers themselves need to be aware of fair usage limits!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: