Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:26:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O7 top up number to make international calls from Orange  (Read 42176 times)
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »

This service is not worth the attention at all. Yes! It is free from orange but:

* the calling rates and set up charges are sky high
* credit expires after 90 days
* voice quality is absolutely rubbish (at least the European destinations)
* it does not connect to some destinations at all even thou the numbers are available (the alternative one does connect at all times no problem at all)

There is a much .. much better alternative service available on this forum.

dlR
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:59:45 PM by delaro » Logged

jagga303

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

This service is not worth the attention at all. Yes it is free from orange but:

* the calling rates and set up charges are sky high
* credit expires after 90 days
* vioce quality is absolutely rubbish (at least the European destinations)
* it does not connect to some destinations at all even thou the numbers are available (the alternative one does connect at all times no problem at all)

There is a much .. much better alternative service available on this forum.

dlR

Well I thought it was worth mentioning to other members as I have been using this service for past three months from this company. Call quality to Pakistan has always been excellent, and about set up charges and credit expiring, if you read the original post , I did mention I wasn't fond of them.
At least some members on here who are on Orange will benefit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:50:36 PM by jagga303 » Logged
shani22

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »

yes jagga, call quality to pakistan very good.m not sure about other countries.
m using orange.this service is very worthy.i like it.
jagga303

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »

yes jagga, call quality to pakistan very good.m not sure about other countries.
m using orange.this service is very worthy.i like it.
Thanks for confirming. I'm happy you like it.
shani22

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »

Thanks for confirming. I'm happy you like it.

my pleasure.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »

Well I thought it was worth mentioning to other members as I have been using this service for past three months from this company. Call quality to Pakistan has always been excellent, and about set up charges and credit expiring, if you read the original post , I did mention I wasn't fond of them.
At least some members on here who are on Orange will benefit.

That's very kind of you indeed. That's what the forum is all about. Sharing. There's something I'm not sure about. Why did you decide to share it in that unwise and insecure way? Huh You used it for 3 months freely (literally) then numbers are published and suddenly o2 changes they way the numbers are charged... Hope you've clicked now...  Roll Eyes

dlR

PS. Could you please clean your reply #31 up so it wouldn't confuse everyone reading it. At the moment it looks as if you were quoting me and didn't post anything else.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:39:12 PM by delaro » Logged

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »

O2 has been charging some pager numbers for quite a while now. I first noticed charges for pager numbers back in April. That some prefixes have escaped so far is probably just luck. There is no reason for any network to count any pager numbers as inclusive and I expect that in a short while O2 and Orange will probably charge for all of them.
jagga303

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »

That's very kind of you indeed. That's what the forum is all about. Sharing. There's something I'm not sure about. Why did you decide to share it in that unwise and insecure way? Huh You used it for 3 months freely (literally) then numbers are published and suddenly o2 changes they way the numbers are charged... Hope you've clicked now...  Roll Eyes

dlR

PS. Could you please clean your reply #31 up so it wouldn't confuse everyone reading it. At the moment it looks as if you were quoting me and didn't post anything else.

The number i had been using past 3 months was 07662 and this number is 07660. I wasn't aware of o2 suddenly charging for numbers or else I wouldn't have mentioned it.
At least its still use to Orange users.
I'm sorry if anyone has been charged due to my posting of this service, I wasn't aware that this particular number would suddenly be charged.
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »

Good Morning Guys,

At last, I have some good news for O2 users who got the bill for this service...

As I mentioned in earlier post, I was charged 51p per call for calling 07660750048. I was billed £5.62. I am able to fight with O2 and confirmed twice that they are reverting the bill credit in my next bill.

The interesting Story is like this:

I called O2 Helpdesk and told that as per the information at O2 website (as per below link) 
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/specialnumbers

The calls to 0766 numbers are free and asked them to confirm and made sure that he says, "Yes, these are in inclusive allowance".

Then I told them that one of my friends borrowed my phone for 5-10mins and called the above numbers without my notice and I got the bill for that. Please revert the bill amount. They kept me on hold for some time and then said "Sorry, the number is free from O2 but the customer is charging O2 for these calls so it is not possible to revert the bill".

I demanded to talk to the supervisor/manager of their team. Again he told the same thing.
Then I told him "Your guy has confirmed me at the start that these are inclusive and free. If I would have trusted him and called these numbers again and if I would have billed then I would have dragged you for reverting the bill for heavy amount. But since this was off mistake from my end and I promise that I will not give my phone to any friend in future.
At last, he was forced to refund the bill since he recognised his guys mistake, he has reverted the bill. Hurry!!!

Hope this will help you guys who are on O2 and try to get the refund. Best of luck...

Note: My future worry is that the service of gaining 6 units per missed calls to 07666 should not come in highlight and they should not charge us. So keep an eye on daily basis for this service bill too.

If this is too long post then moderator can delete this post.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »

Good Morning Guys,

At last, I have some good news for O2 users who got the bill for this service...

As I mentioned in earlier post, I was charged 51p per call for calling 07660750048. I was billed £5.62. I am able to fight with O2 and confirmed twice that they are reverting the bill credit in my next bill.

The interesting Story is like this:

I called O2 Helpdesk and told that as per the information at O2 website (as per below link)  
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/specialnumbers

The calls to 0766 numbers are free and asked them to confirm and made sure that he says, "Yes, these are in inclusive allowance".

Then I told them that one of my friends borrowed my phone for 5-10mins and called the above numbers without my notice and I got the bill for that. Please revert the bill amount. They kept me on hold for some time and then said "Sorry, the number is free from O2 but the customer is charging O2 for these calls so it is not possible to revert the bill".

I demanded to talk to the supervisor/manager of their team. Again he told the same thing.
Then I told him "Your guy has confirmed me at the start that these are inclusive and free. If I would have trusted him and called these numbers again and if I would have billed then I would have dragged you for reverting the bill for heavy amount. But since this was off mistake from my end and I promise that I will not give my phone to any friend in future.
At last, he was forced to refund the bill since he recognised his guys mistake, he has reverted the bill. Hurry!!!

Hope this will help you guys who are on O2 and try to get the refund. Best of luck...

Note: My future worry is that the service of gaining 6 units per missed calls to 07666 should not come in highlight and they should not charge us. So keep an eye on daily basis for this service bill too.

If this is too long post then moderator can delete this post.

Why should we delete your post? I don't see any reason for that. You've made a great contribution and you should be praised for that.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards.

dlR
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:42:36 AM by delaro » Logged

jagga303

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

Even though I have got my charges refunded by o2, it clearly states the charges for 0766 numbers in their terms and conditions.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/tariffsandboltons

Scroll down to Inclusive Minutes and Call Charges, down to number 3.

It says 076 numbers charged at 35.8p per minute, don't know why I was charged 51.1p per call.
shani22

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 01:32:19 AM »

can we use this service on T mobile.? if some one using or have some information please let me know. thanks
jagga303

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »

Well done mate
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

Luckily i have got refunded 45£ charged from vodafone after arguing that i never knew that "services or premium numbers" unless they sent me terms and conditions. if i knew that these numbers are premium numbers i would not make calls to these numbers. i do not know why delero hide my last post about this matter.
waqar

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 01:33:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: