Fone Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre caller service  (Read 325051 times)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 02:59:22 AM »

Running your switching software on a VPS is probably not the recipe for success.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »

Hi all -

We had to make a few changes in a bit of a hurry to try to deter abuse of the service, hence the new limit on messages.  First 1K/month get 2 credits, then 1 credit/msg for the next 1K; max 2K messages/month.  Website's now caught up with them.

Any questions, etc., please ask.

--Dave

Please will you kindly tell us how your 'month' is calculated Dave ?        Undecided

Do you work on calandar months, or what ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

Its not adding any units now. I am not sure whether I have reached the limit.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2011, 03:31:41 PM »

Its not adding any units now. I am not sure whether I have reached the limit.

It is still adding units for those who haven't sent the full 2000 SMS djyhkr.       Wink

I therefore presume that you have reached your total.       Wink

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »

I have to disagree with Dave's claim that its a free service. How can it be free when the customer pay for there sms ( even sms are inclusive still it comes out from the total payment of your contract or pay as you go) and the provider share the revenue of those sms. So nothing is free I think.
sksksk

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »

how do i know how many units i get with this service..please some one tell me
DaveKnell

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »

In no particular order:
davegr - we run everything under OpenVZ now; benefits are many, not least that I can move VMs around for hardware maintenance or to balance load easily and without downtime.  We do own the physical boxes as well.  Where's the problem?

mobaholic - a month is a calendar month.

djyhkr - use the website facility to check the credit for your mobile number, and it'll now show you how many SMSes you've sent this month.

--Dave
gudman

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »

Hi DaveKnell ,
I tried to register on your website. But when I put my name and email id it says, "You are already signed up - if are having trouble logging in, please contact support." what should we do after that? Gudman
DaveKnell

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »

E-mail the support address on the website - it's at the bottom - support@3c.co.uk

--Dave
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

E-mail the support address on the website - it's at the bottom - support@3c.co.uk

--Dave

It is good to learn that there is an email address after all, but before you blame myself, and others, for not spotting that, why is it that we are deliberately misdirected, as it seems, by the welcome email that you send out on registration ?        Undecided

The fact that that is laughably headed "My0870 Signup" shows what a shambles your system is, seeing that it has not even been updated since it became precaller.co.uk, but do you deliberately mislead customers by false information contained in that email ?       Undecided

To write:-

Problems, suggestions, etc: please e-mail us at support@precaller.co.uk

- when that email address have always bounced back as undeliverable - looks like some tricksters' deliberate attempt at misdirection.        Angry

You said earlier that you had little time for support: is that the reason for the small writing at the bottom of your website, and the misleading information sent out by the welcome email ?        Undecided

DaveKnell

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »

Mobaholic - As per my PM, you like to fling insults, both in private and public, whilst insisting on your anonymity.  This is - as I said - just simple cowardice.

You're under no obligation to use the things we offer; if you don't like them, then please feel free to take your custom elsewhere.

--Dave
Graham

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »

Dave, I have been a user of your service, and when I have had to make calls via Precaller or the precursor, My0870.com, I have to say that I have found the call quality to be at the very least satisfactory, if not very good indeed. Thank you.

Nevertheless, I do believe that some of the criticisms posted here, particularly concerning your website, are valid points which you could take on board and use to improve your service, rather than feeling hard done by. I rather like what Malcolm X says about critics:

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

BTW, sorry if you think I'm being a pain, but why do you have that awful, and I mean truly ghastly whirring noise when one tops up using your 0845 number?? Is it not possible to put something on a loop that is a tad more pleasant to listen to?
DaveKnell

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the comments.  Constructive criticism is always welcome.. and, you're right, it's probably time to find something that's not Trent Reznor for the hold music.  Leave it with me..

--Dave
Graham

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »

Dave, if you are particularly keen on Trent Reznor, may I perhaps recommend his collaboration with Maynard James Keenan 'Puscifer - Potions'?..far less likely to induce earache. Wink
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:28:22 PM by Graham » Logged
bprajapati

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »

Hi Dave, I have sent some free text messages today, but my credit has not increased? why is that? Should I be sending them just between 8am - 6pm and also should I only call the 0845 number between these times? I have rang the 0845 this evening, but my credit has not increased, can you please advise.

Regards

Mr Bhupendra Prajapati
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: