Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre caller service  (Read 323966 times)
jagga303

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »

I have not used this service since 30 Nov as my android phone is being repaired and I used an app to send multiple sms from that phone for this service as I don't have time to send each one individually.
The changes on the website is a bit disappointing now that they have reduced credit to one unit per sms from two.
How can you get your personal number? I've logged in but its not showing anything for sms top ups.
atinjain05

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »

well,it's no more exciting service as now 1 units for 1 sms and 1000 sms per month only!!!!   Sad   Cry
jagga303

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »

well,it's no more exciting service as now 1 units for 1 sms and 1000 sms per month only!!!!   Sad   Cry
How do you know this, where does it say 1000 sms per month?
atinjain05

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:41 PM »

well this was there for sometime in the afternoon in the precaller website,

I have checked just now,its not allowing more than 1000text now. Sad
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »

1000 text per month for each caller id or some other rule?
atinjain05

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »

For each caller id
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 07:29:14 AM »

i am using this from last couple of days. Found quite good but did not as automated system does not tell how many units i do have and how many minutes i can talk till. But yes i do have recieved text message from precaller people that is

Thank you for using PreCaller. Send max 2000 SMS/month - 2 credits each for the first 1000, then 1 credit each after that.

Thanks
DaveKnell

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »

Hi all -

We had to make a few changes in a bit of a hurry to try to deter abuse of the service, hence the new limit on messages.  First 1K/month get 2 credits, then 1 credit/msg for the next 1K; max 2K messages/month.  Website's now caught up with them.

Any questions, etc., please ask.

--Dave
atinjain05

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

Thanks Daveknell,we can see the message now also in the website.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »

--Dave

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I should certainly like to ask a few questions David Knell.

Firstly, why don't you offer any email contact address on precaller for fault reports or queries ?        Undecided
I have had nothing but problems trying to store units, or make calls, with your service over the years, and EVERY email address I have tried has bounced back as undeliverable !       Huh

I am surprised that you are allowed to operate in this unprofessional way by Ofcom !        Huh

Secondly, your website says:-

But when you try to do that, it tells you that you are already signed up:-

You are already signed up - if are having trouble logging in, please contact support.
A fatuous piece of advice - seeing that you nowhere give a contact number or email address for support !        Huh

How are existing members supposed to get their personal SMS topup number David ?        Undecided

Also, are you aware that new people signing up are NOT getting an email - contrary to what your website says ?        Undecided
( I have tested this twice now, just to be sure, before reporting this here. )

Thirdly, your smooth way of glossing over the changes - "We had to make a few changes in a bit of a hurry to try to deter abuse of the service, hence the new limit on messages." - ignore the fact that people are out of pocket, seeing that they subscribed for a month's unlimited texts ( I know because I spent £5 on Giffgaff for this purpose ) and are now feeling exceedingly let down, with just 3000 units possible for an outlay of £5.  They makes them very expensive units indeed I think, and you should be made to realise that have really let down your customers by launching something as an unlimited service, and not even to give reasonable notice before implementing your changes!       Huh

If you get the feeling that I am hostile, you are dead right !  I am disgusted by the way you treat your customers.         Angry

Your comments please.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:09:24 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
DaveKnell

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »

Hi Mobaholic,

Firstly, it's a free service, and there's a limited amount of time I'm able to spend on support.  But thank you for the note about outbound e-mails not working: that's been rectified.

As for the rest - well - if you can find another way of making (for example) 1500 mins of high quality calls to India for the fiver that you've spent with GiffGaff, then I'd suggest you do so.

--Dave
Graham

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »

Surely you should have a contact email address for queries / fault reports on your website, no matter what. It is a fundamental requirement.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »

Hi Mobaholic,

Firstly, it's a free service, and there's a limited amount of time I'm able to spend on support.  But thank you for the note about outbound e-mails not working: that's been rectified.

As for the rest - well - if you can find another way of making (for example) 1500 mins of high quality calls to India for the fiver that you've spent with GiffGaff, then I'd suggest you do so.

--Dave

I am glad that my tirade this morning had one positive result: I can confirm that you can now get a registration email sent out to you.        Smiley

But it's a poor do that I had to let you know the problem here - simply because you fail to give any contact details at all for your ( mythical ? ) support.        Angry

I note that you have given no reply to my second question: is that because your 'personal SMS topup number' is another of your myths ?        Undecided

( For those who fail to see the point of this question, I should point out that newly registered members are actually advised to use the published SMS number, *not* something personalized for their use ! )       Wink

Thirdly, your smug assertion that it is a good deal for those calling India, fails to recognize that many want to call other destinations.  With many of these shown as being charged at ridiculous numbers of units, it is *not* a good deal at all.  It is a far cry from the 800 X 30 units ( sending 400 SMS daily ) that I was expecting when I bought my Gifgaff goodybag with the express intention to send texts to your number throughout the month !       Huh

Perhaps you will be so kind as to clarify a point of confusion for me.  Your welcome email says:-   
You can now associate your phone numbers with your account to allow you to use your credit from phones other than the one you build it from.

However, I have many linked 'phones on my main account, but when I tried calling from one of these I heard that I didn't have enough credit to make the call !        Cry

How is this possible, when I have over 3K of units, albeit stored from other linked numbers ?        Undecided

Can you use your credits from other linked 'phones or not ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
pharmaa

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »

Hi all -

We had to make a few changes in a bit of a hurry to try to deter abuse of the service, hence the new limit on messages.  First 1K/month get 2 credits, then 1 credit/msg for the next 1K; max 2K messages/month.  Website's now caught up with them.

--Dave

Hi Dave

Firstly, thanks for the precaller service (when it's working). Very good quality calls.

Secondly, how come every so often (sometimes every week or two weeks) your system goes down (sometimes for a for a day or two) and users are left no way of using their acquired units? Any chance you can improve the reliability of the service?

I look forward to you kind response.

pharmaa
DaveKnell

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »

Hi -

Fair enough on the reliability issues.  We've had some troubles with FreeSWITCH(tm) not playing nicely with OpenVZ - having worked out what was going on, we've made some changes which should improve things.

Mobaholic - I'll send you a PM.

--Dave
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: