Fone Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:58:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre caller service  (Read 326409 times)
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »

After all having these discussions it is sad that DaveK is not showing any response to it. I hope he will soon come with some good explanations or changes with current T&C.
DaveKnell

« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

Guys -

This is a storm in a tea-cup, and it's interesting to read speculation as to the mechanics and motives for the Ts+Cs.

Here's what's happened.  Someone sent a bucket of texts in October; I called him and asked him to stop, as this was exactly the sort of behaviour which would get the SMS topup route shut down.  He complied, but he then did the same (and more) in November.  So we withheld a bunch of his credits pending payment for the SMSes, and are now getting threatened with legal action as a result.  Note that, at this point, he has lost nothing: he's not used the credits still on his account: indeed, last time I checked, he'd not used the service at all for a good couple of months.

So I've drafted some very basic terms to give us the explicit ability to deal with this sort of thing in future.  I'd have much rather not had to, but it's a case of one bad apple. 

On to some specifics.

davegr: no doubt you have a problem with the bar on service being used to call international revenue-share numbers, as that's what you used it for.  UK 084s and 087s are already (and have always been) blocked.  And rates do change; I'm not about to start publishing rate change notifications on 7 days' notice.

pharmaa: I hope the explanation above helps.  Please be aware that, as of today, no-one has had a single credit expired.

Graham: you say "if this rule is applied" - as above, it hasn't been.

Mikael: you should ask your accountant about the implications of credits which never expire..

That's probably enough for now - Merry Christmas all, and thanks for your custom in 2011; let's hope we can happily continue into 2012.

--Dave
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

Guys -

This is a storm in a tea-cup, and it's interesting to read speculation as to the mechanics and motives for the Ts+Cs.

Here's what's happened.  Someone sent a bucket of texts in October; I called him and asked him to stop, as this was exactly the sort of behaviour which would get the SMS topup route shut down.  He complied, but he then did the same (and more) in November.

It's a shame you didn't read through the relevant threads regarding Mikael's old sms top-up service and my own more recent service, you would have realised that without putting some rather conservative limits on the service (my own service had a limit of 100 text messages per day from each CLI) then you were going to have trouble like this. You would have also known that the networks are rather annoyed at such services and withhold payment for months!

davegr: no doubt you have a problem with the bar on service being used to call international revenue-share numbers, as that's what you used it for.  UK 084s and 087s are already (and have always been) blocked.  And rates do change; I'm not about to start publishing rate change notifications on 7 days' notice.

I'd rather you didn't reveal to everybody where I was calling with your service but anyway regarding rate changes, obviously rates do change but your T&C's do present the possibility of getting a nasty surprise. Perhaps you could reword them.

Merry Christmas

davegr
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2011, 10:39:44 PM »

Mikael: you should ask your accountant about the implications of credits which never expire..

That's probably enough for now - Merry Christmas all, and thanks for your custom in 2011; let's hope we can happily continue into 2012.

--Dave

DaveKnell - bean counters often have an issue with things like credits that don't expire. However both I and the networks I operate services with have worked out a way to account for such things which keeps everyone happy.

You should consider yourself lucky that I have been generous enough to allow you to effectively use this forum to promote your own services by going beyond just answering questions, without any invitation to do so. I cover all the hosting costs of it and Mobaholic and others are generous enough to actively manage it.

The only reason I have allowed this to happen is because when I set this forum up, I wanted it to be uncensored, and allow members discuss any service they wished. This desire remains to this day, but I don't need you coming on here implying how I should or should not run my services. I have been doing it a long time and have seen plenty of services come and go.

Have a good Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:43:11 PM by Mikael » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
Graham

« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »

Dave Knell: Thanks for your post and explanations. I am glad to learn that you have not applied this 90 day rule yet, and appreciate some of those difficulties you mentioned.

I do, however, think you should heed Mikael's last post. This Forum was set up by him, and the fact that he allows you to post openly here about your own rival service says rather a lot about his generosity of spirit.

Happy New Year to all members of this Forum.
DaveKnell

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »

Well, pretty much all I'm doing here is answering questions and responding to suggestions and comments made by forum members, which increases the value of this forum to its members, and hence its owners.

However, if I'm going to cause Mikael offence by responding to his accusations that changes which we've made "effectively amount to theft" (which is not an inoffensive comment in itself), then it's probably time to bow out.

--Dave

Edited by Mikael. There is no requirement to direct debate to another forum, when discussion has taken place here, and questions may get a bit tricky. Customers of the precaller service will already know where to contact Dave and/or his organisation if needed. The contact email I believe has already been posted here before anyway.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:19:50 AM by Mikael » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »

Dave Knell,

I think you have to take into consideration that when you wrote the T&C's it may have been well intentioned and you obviously have your reasons, however users are not aware of the reasons nor intentions so we have no other choice but to consider the worst. It especially doesn't help when other services do have such T&C's which are enforced and so we expect the same from you too.

Dave
Mikael
Administrator

« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »

Well, pretty much all I'm doing here is answering questions and responding to suggestions and comments made by forum members, which increases the value of this forum to its members, and hence its owners.

However, if I'm going to cause Mikael offence by responding to his accusations that changes which we've made "effectively amount to theft" (which is not an inoffensive comment in itself), then it's probably time to bow out.

--Dave

Dave,

I'm not easily offended, but it seems you probably are! Updating terms and conditions to state that credits may expire after 90 days, certainly implies that you plan to expire credits, otherwise, why bother? This is especially true when you imply to me that if I had enough intelligence to speak to an accountant, I would do the same.

I don't see anything offensive about stating that expiring credits amount to theft. This is simply a more direct explanation. If a bank expired bank balances after 90 days it would be deemed as theft by most rational people. Skype lost a court case recently after customers held them to account for expiring credit vouchers too.

I had no problem with you answering questions posted by members here, but I can see no good reason to begin taking pot shots at others. Justifying your reasons for changes to customers and stating why you consider expiring credit not to be the serious issue that others feel it is, was all that you needed to do.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:11:36 AM by Mikael » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
srikanth.nuli

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »

--Dave

As with this particular thread, I haven't involved with much of the discussion. I do not presume that Mikael or any other member wish you to leave the forum and setup one for your own. Please don't get offended. Good things come up with debate only.

One can easily guess you have used this forum to promote your business and deserting this way when suggestions were pouring in doesn't reflect a statesman attitude.

I have asked Mikael so many time with in the last one year when rival services have propped up why can't you bring the old services when others are doing so. He never objected to them but indirectly allowed others to grow.

I hope this won't blow into a bigger proportion and ends with an amicably settled well thought written Terms and Conditions for Precaller.

Wish you good luck Daveknell Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:32:14 AM by srikanth.nuli » Logged
jagga303

« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »

I had over 40000 units and this morning my balance is 0. I have been using this service regularly and now my units have disappeared.
Anyone else?
atinjain05

« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »

My number is still showing all the units.mail support id.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »

I had over 40000 units and this morning my balance is 0. I have been using this service regularly and now my units have disappeared.
Anyone else?

Mine are showing too, all units. Send an email to DaveKnell I would suggest.
psychopomp1

« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »

Fellas, there's a dedicated forum to precaller now:
http://forum.3c.co.uk/index.php

However, i hope daveknell still posts here from time to time Smiley
sagarvijaykumar

« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »

Even my number is still showing all the units and I am able to call India too.
jagga303

« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »

I had all my units today but on my last dialled number today all my (40000+) units expired with that call.
Have emailed Dave but no reply yet.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: