Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:55:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iphone 4s on O2 with unlimited text and minutes  (Read 51921 times)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »

Personally I have found O2's 2G coverage to be excellent but it's 3G coverage to be lacking, with barely any coverage at all outside of big cities or the centre of towns. I've even found a fair few dead spots around London, where other networks all had 3G.

When I did get a good 3G signal, Internet speed always seemed reasonable. Not quite as fast as I find Three to be but definitely acceptable.

With regards to your other questions I can only say that I have always found Jersey Guernsey and IOM to be inclusive from O2 contracts. They are/were also inclusive on Tesco (O2 MVNO) contracts. I'm not sure about PAYG but I know GiffGaff counts them as inclusive (and I believe also say that they don't). I think it's best to find out from somebody that has the On & On contract but failing that, it's quite likely they are inclusive.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »

Thanks for the info davegr. Much appreciated. Let's see if someone else comes up with more information.

Have not recieved yet as i have placed order this afternoon. Thats what i need to know too about these things from forum members/o2 users you know. But still will update when i recieve it and start using

TRuE_SpiRiT, what do you say?
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »

well i am very happy with the o2 service to be honest with you guys, but yes jagga303 is right about making 03 topping up service. i can not make more than two calls a time as i did speak to o2 customer services to activate "conference or three way call" but it was hassle so gave up at the end. So as i have moved on to o2 with unlimited minutes to any uk mobile,landline except 0870,0871,0844,0845 numbers. Got samsung galaxy note and i have found it working faster than iphone.

Did use 07XXXXX call through service and i did update on 07XX international call through service that i did not get charge for to call the access number but unfortunately 07XXX access number has been barred or not working at the moment. But Mikael's mobile international call through still working and it comes out my allowance. But most of the time those 07XXX access numbers from Mikael's mobile international call through service are busy.

i could go for iphone4s with the unlimited minutes offer from o2 but did not want to pay £99 for the handset so thats why choosed samsung galaxy note
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »

I completely agree with True_spirit and Davegr.I use O2 for a long time and found its the best network. Now on the new unlimited tariff. Although the 3G coverage is not excellent but the internet speed is quiet reasonable. Customer service is very good compare to many other providers. On line billing is another advantage unlike other networks O2 updates its on line billing almost the same day. You can only place 2 calls at a time and there is no conference facility. Another advantage is even if you over use your internet you will not be charged instead it will slow down the internet after your allowance has reached.
Regarding how many minutes and texts I think we should be reasonable otherwise like any network O2 also will smell a rat.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

Thanks Guys for all the input.
NewStarter

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »

Thanks Guys for all the input.
Most of the points are coverd by other users. On the number of calls at a time, I reiterate, I have got the conferencing call feature enabled on the new "on and on" tariff. So can make 5+1 calls at a time.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »

Most of the points are coverd by other users. On the number of calls at a time, I reiterate, I have got the conferencing call feature enabled on the new "on and on" tariff. So can make 5+1 calls at a time.

Nice one mate. Was it enabled by default or you called them to activate it? I've bought the On &  On tariff as well with the S3 Wink. Will be delivered tomorrow. What reason did you give them to enable conference calling if you did call them?
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »

please let me know as well as i have spoken to o2 customer services department couple of times to activate my conference call or three way calling, always gave me some kind advise to send text message on 2255 along with the word of "mother's maiden name etc" than well confirm you back by text message which is never happend. please update me if you get any news. Many thanks
NewStarter

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

No particular reason to be honest, just said i had it when i was with previous network and requested to enable it. They did enable it in no time.

Later after i ported in my number, i found out that the conference calling was disabled again. Called up o2 again, the lady who talked to me had no idea what it was, struggled for 40 minutes on the call just going in loop to send text something to somewhere to enable group conferencing which is a paid service on o2 and can add 39 people together on a call.. That was new to me and was not interested. Finally cut the call and dialled again, some gentleman did enable the basic call conferencing feature back again in no time.
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »

No particular reason to be honest, just said i had it when i was with previous network and requested to enable it. They did enable it in no time.

Later after i ported in my number, i found out that the conference calling was disabled again. Called up o2 again, the lady who talked to me had no idea what it was, struggled for 40 minutes on the call just going in loop to send text something to somewhere to enable group conferencing which is a paid service on o2 and can add 39 people together on a call.. That was new to me and was not interested. Finally cut the call and dialled again, some gentleman did enable the basic call conferencing feature back again in no time.

interesting but i have advised totally different, let me try to call them again tomorrow and lets see what they do about it. will update here about what they say. Thanks anyway
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »

oh yes i can live again  Grin because the thing has been updated by calling o2 customer services department that please activate conference call on my account. i am buzzing. i would advise all o2 customers please give quick call to o2 customer service centre and request them to activate conference call feature than you would be able to dial "FIVE (5)" numbers a time from one of Mikael's 03 topping up service.

it should work on any handset as person should not have iphone to activate conference feature as i do use now. Good luck
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »

oh yes i can live again  Grin because the thing has been updated by calling o2 customer services department that please activate conference call on my account. i am buzzing. i would advise all o2 customers please give quick call to o2 customer service centre and request them to activate conference call feature than you would be able to dial "FIVE (5)" numbers a time from one of Mikael's 03 topping up service.

it should work on any handset as person should not have iphone to activate conference feature as i do use now. Good luck

Well I spoke to 2 advisers this morning and they were going on about the "group call" feature where you can talk to upto 39 people and it is a chargeable service. Regarding the conference calling they both said it's already enabled on my account (On & On unlimited with S3) after both of them putting me on hold for more than 10 minutes each. But I can't make a conference call on o2. When I use my Three simcard in the phone it works but not with o2. They say it needs to be enabled from the handset. Bunch of idiots!!!
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »

Well I spoke to 2 advisers this morning and they were going on about the "group call" feature where you can talk to upto 39 people and it is a chargeable service. Regarding the conference calling they both said it's already enabled on my account (On & On unlimited with S3) after both of them putting me on hold for more than 10 minutes each. But I can't make a conference call on o2. When I use my Three simcard in the phone it works but not with o2. They say it needs to be enabled from the handset. Bunch of idiots!!!

No no it has to be activate from the customer service department. I had spoken to more than 30 advisers and luckily activated from adviser yesterday after keep nocking their doors for at least three weeks. Tell them you do not need to activate GROUP CALL simply activate CONFERENCE CALL on your account. Thats it and good luck
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

No no it has be activate from the customer service department. I has spoken to more than 30 advisers and luckily activated from adviser yesterday keep nocking their doors for at least three weeks. Tell them you do not need to activate GROUP CALL simply activate CONFERENCE CALL on your account. Thats it and good luck

Cheers mate. Looks like most of them don't seem to know much. I told them it's not a problem with the mobile phone as I am able to make a conference call using my Three simcard but they didn't want to know that. Damn....I thought Three customer service was terrible but o2 tops that.

Thanks for the good luck mate as it's not a good start with o2  Wink
TRuE_SpiRiT

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »

No worries because they do not what we gonna do to them Grin. I have personally spoken one of o2 adviser in store and asked for fair use policy. You would shock when she said i can use up to 90,000 minutes a month. I said do not worry i use up to 75,000 a month  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: