Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giff Gaff  (Read 22972 times)
Tadam

Join consoleforumchat.freefo.us

« on: April 27, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

My mate has a new mobile network called Giff Gaff!! Anyone on Giff Gaff?? And what features,tariffs does it have?? Smiley

Look at my profile and join the link!! Smiley

Giff gaff, what a network!! Cheesy
Tadam

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »

I have herd that £35 gets you:
Unlimited Text (1month)
Unlimited mins (1 month)
Unlitmeted internet (1 month)

I don't know if this is true or not!!! Any one know???

NewStarter

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »

Unlimited Text (1month)
Unlimited mins (1 month)

http://giffgaff.com/index/offer
jagga303

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

My mate has a new mobile network called Giff Gaff!! Anyone on Giff Gaff?? And what features,tariffs does it have?? Smiley
There are threads in this forum where you can find the relevant answers to your questions, or even easier, go to the GiffGaff website.
It may sound harsh mate but please don't just start new threads when you can find the information already available in the forum. All you need to do is look for it. Wink
Tadam

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »

;)No worries thanks bro!!

jagga303

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »

;)No worries thanks bro!!
You're more than welcome.....Brother!  Wink
Tadam

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »

I order a free Sim! But I want to know how good the connection is before I spend money to activate it!

andy

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:02:45 AM »

Unlimited Text (1month)
Unlimited mins (1 month)

It was true until about 18 months ago (though the price had dropped to £30), when abuse of the unlimited minutes forced them to withdraw that option.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »

andy is entirely correct in saying Giffgaff discontinued their unlimited landline minutes calling plan due to the costs that were incurred by heavy use.        Cry

However, it is worth pointing out that O2 themselves offer a far better deal !        Shocked

Whilst unlimited landines cost you £30 on Giffgaff until it was discontinued ( after £35 previously ), O2 themselves actually still offer this for free !        Grin

All that you need is an O2 Pay & Go SIM on the favourite place tariff.  O2 give you unlimited landline calling for a month for free if you topup by £30.        Wink

2 things to note however.  First, their FUP is 12,000 minutes ( the same as O2 contracts. )
Secondly, being Pay & Go, you can't even place a second call, so if you planned to make calls through Mikael's concurrent callthrough service, this is not the option for you.       Wink

HTH.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

Secondly, being Pay & Go, you can't even place a second call, so if you planned to make calls through Mikael's concurrent callthrough service, this is not the option for you.       Wink

HTH.
Didn't know this MH. I thought only conferencing would be an issue with Pay & Go  Huh
And was it unlimited landlines from giffgaff? Not sure, but I thought unlimited calls to both UK mobiles and landlines.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:41:54 PM by NewStarter » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »

Didn't know this MH. I thought only conferencing would be an issue with Pay & Go  Huh

NS either you are confused, or I am !        Shocked

You don't need conference calling to make use of the 2 call concurrent callthrough service.
I am using it right now on T-Mobile contract SIM that doesn't allow conferencing.
But what you do need is the ability to place a second call whilst the first is progressing.       Wink

O2 Pay & Go, in common with all pay & go options AFAIK, does NOT allow a second call to be made.       Wink

Is that any clearer for you ?        Undecided

You may be right about the Giffgaff offer which was withdrawn, but that's history now.        Cry

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:49:36 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
NewStarter

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »

NS either you are confused, or I am !        Shocked

You don't need conference calling to make use of the 2 call concurrent callthrough service.
I am using it right now on T-Mobile contract SIM that doesn't allow conferencing.
But what you do need is the ability to place a second call whilst the first is progressing.       Wink

O2 Pay & Go, in common with all pay & go options AFAIK, does NOT allow a second call to be made.       Wink

Is that any clearer for you ?        Undecided

Your first post on this was already clear Wink I didn't know that placing a second call on a Pay & Go (O2 in specific) was not possible. Was never on Pay & Go with them. I had Giffgaff for a while, but was able to make two concurrent calls though, couldn't put them into conference.
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

Your first post on this was already clear Wink I didn't know that placing a second call on a Pay & Go (O2 in specific) was not possible. Was never on Pay & Go. I had Giffgaff for a while, but was able to make two concurrent calls though, couldn't put them into conference.

Fine NS.  Although I have 11 Giffgaff SIMs, I have never tried placing a second call on one.  Maybe they are an exception ?        Undecided

However, I have used the favourite place unlimited landline calling reward, and I can assure you that you CAN'T place a second call at all.  If you go into menu, that option is simply missing.        Cry

Tadam

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »

Thank you everyone! In your opinion would you go with giff gaff??

NewStarter

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »

Thank you everyone! In your opinion would you go with giff gaff??
Had a bad experience with them.. it's a while ago and don't want to share here them now.

If you are after unlimited minutes/text and internet, you can consider this. It's a contract though. If you don't need a handset, they have 12 months sim only contract at much lesser price.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: