Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iphone 4s on O2 with unlimited text and minutes  (Read 51385 times)
atinjain05

« on: April 23, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »

some good deal from o2 in iphone 4s

iphone 4s on o2 with unlimited text and minutes (No fair usages policy I checked) on 36£ per month 24 month contract ,one time handset cost 59.99.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_monthly/init/Apple/iPhone_4S_16GB_White

yoursinlove

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »

Thanks for the share.
Did you get any information about Fair Usage Policy (FUP), to define Unlimited MINUTES or Texts?

KHAN
atinjain05

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »

Customer care I called said that there is no fair usages policy on this and its truely unlimited min and text.
jagga303

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »

Customer care I called said that there is no fair usages policy on this and its truely unlimited min and text.
That's very good but it's shame about the data. Had it been unlimited data then I would have definitely took the offer.

Thanks for posting atinjain05.
jagga303

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

The same deal is available from o2 with sim only for £26 per month.
Unlimited minutes and texts (NO FUP) and 1GB Data.
NewStarter

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »

Note that sim only is 12 month contract where as with phone contract it is 24 months.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

If you go via topcashback "http://www.topcashback.co.uk/o2/" they're giving £90.90 cashback on this offer which brings the price down to £18.41/month which is a great price for someone who is looking for unlimited minutes & unlimitd texts with 1GB internet.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »

There's another On & On 12 months sim only deal which also gives you Unlimited minutes & Texts and 2GB of data but it's £31 per month. But when I had an online chat with an o2 sales advisor, in the beginning he said they have no fair usage policy but later stated it's approx 12000 mins & texts. Tethering is also allowed though.

You may also know but calls to 07937, 07624 and 07924 are also included (for those who use services like www.inclusiveinternationalcalls.com, http://uk.fwcall.com, www.aceonline.com 0r http://www.talkal.co.uk/)
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »

I believe you mean www.acecallonline.com (who use 075371 numbers). Also 07781 numbers are inclusive (Cable & Wireless Guernsey).
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »

I believe you mean www.acecallonline.com (who use 075371 numbers). Also 07781 numbers are inclusive (Cable & Wireless Guernsey).

Thanks for the correction davegr  Smiley. Who provides 07781 access/call forwarding numbers?
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »

Here is one example:

http://www.text2topup.com/o2

I'm not currently aware of any others.
jagga303

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:56 PM »

There's another On & On 12 months sim only deal which also gives you Unlimited minutes & Texts and 2GB of data but it's £31 per month. But when I had an online chat with an o2 sales advisor, in the beginning he said they have no fair usage policy but later stated it's approx 12000 mins & texts. Tethering is also allowed though.

You may also know but calls to 07937, 07624 and 07924 are also included (for those who use services like www.inclusiveinternationalcalls.com, http://uk.fwcall.com, www.aceonline.com 0r http://www.talkal.co.uk/)

O2 has new terms and conditions for pay monthly tariffs after 30 March 2012.
See this taken from their website:

2. Inclusive Minutes and Call Charges
Inclusive minutes on Pay Monthly tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK from your SIM Card to:
UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and
numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange or T-Mobile (together Everything Everywhere), Vodafone and 3, and providers like Virgin Mobile and Tesco Mobile that use major operators’ networks to provide their services), all provided that we may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which we reasonably believe are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share. Calls to some telephone helplines are also free of charge and don’t use up minutes from your inclusive allowance. A full list of these numbers can be found at: www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/freenumbers

Inclusive minutes can't be used for calls made to:
non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05);
non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man); or
premium rate and directory enquiries numbers where special charges apply.
any chargeable messages you receive.

So it seems the 07937/07624/07924 are no longer inclusive from these new T&C's.
It would be interesting to know if anyone has upgraded/changed tariff/bought new tariff since March 30 2012 and to see if these numbers actually come out from your inclusive minutes or are they now chargeable.

Thanks

Jagga303
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 10:20:47 PM »

O2 has new terms and conditions for pay monthly tariffs after 30 March 2012.
See this taken from their website:

2. Inclusive Minutes and Call Charges
Inclusive minutes on Pay Monthly tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK from your SIM Card to:
UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and
numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange or T-Mobile (together Everything Everywhere), Vodafone and 3, and providers like Virgin Mobile and Tesco Mobile that use major operators’ networks to provide their services), all provided that we may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which we reasonably believe are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share. Calls to some telephone helplines are also free of charge and don’t use up minutes from your inclusive allowance. A full list of these numbers can be found at: www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/freenumbers

Inclusive minutes can't be used for calls made to:
non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05);
non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man); or
premium rate and directory enquiries numbers where special charges apply.
any chargeable messages you receive.

So it seems the 07937/07624/07924 are no longer inclusive from these new T&C's.
It would be interesting to know if anyone has upgraded/changed tariff/bought new tariff since March 30 2012 and to see if these numbers actually come out from your inclusive minutes or are they now chargeable.

Thanks

Jagga303

Yes, that would be interesting. But I spoke to the o2 advisor just before I posted my comment earlier and the guy said 07937, 07624 and 07924 are inclusive in their pay monthly On & On tarriffs and would come off from inclusive minutes. But this bit in their T&C's: "We may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which we reasonably believe are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share" is a bit of a let down.

Let's say these number ranges are included in their old/new all pay monthly contracts, would they charge if someone is using one of the services I mentioned a couple of posts above and the one that davegr mentioned?
jagga303

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »

Yes, that would be interesting. But I spoke to the o2 advisor just before I posted my comment earlier and the guy said 07937, 07624 and 07924 are inclusive in their pay monthly On & On tarriffs and would come off from inclusive minutes. But this bit in their T&C's: "We may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which we reasonably believe are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share" is a bit of a let down.

Let's say these number ranges are included in their old/new all pay monthly contracts, would they charge if someone is using one of the services I mentioned a couple of posts above and the one that davegr mentioned?
From the bit above which you have quoted, it would seem that they won't charge you but will exclude this number from your inclusive minutes.
I had personal experience with o2 on this matter only last week. I use to dial 07 number which was a call forwarding service and it was  inclusive from my minutes, but all of a sudden they barred this number from my phone so in other words I can't call this any more from my phone, the call just drops.
They never charged me for calling this number.

Hope this helps
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »

From the bit above which you have quoted, it would seem that they won't charge you but will exclude this number from your inclusive minutes.
I had personal experience with o2 on this matter only last week. I use to dial 07 number which was a call forwarding service and it was  inclusive from my minutes, but all of a sudden they barred this number from my phone so in other words I can't call this any more from my phone, the call just drops.
They never charged me for calling this number.

Hope this helps

So for how long you used that 07 call-forwarding 07 number before they barred it? But you can always change your call-forwarding number can't you and start using another 07 call-forwarding number to the same destinaiton which was barred before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: