Fone Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News For Talktalk Customers  (Read 46837 times)
seanjoe

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

This app is brilliant - thank you forum and thank you TT - the BEST!!!

no other provider comes even close to offering what this app provides in terms of included destinations! AWESOME!
seanjoe

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

Hi,
does anyone have this app and tried to call NZ mobiles? I have tried and it says calls are not allowed to this destination. HOwever, I can make the calls via my landline.
Can anyone else test and report back?
Please pm me if you can help and I can give you some NZ numbers to test.

many thanks
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:32 PM »

That didn't last long did it? Just received an email from TalkTalk giving me this bad news. They use dodgy routes but are still removing the following countries from their "International Boost":

Pakistan, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya and Libya Boost update

Dear MR XXXX,

We wanted to write to you to let you know that we have made some changes to your International Calls Boost.

From the 1st February 2015, Pakistan, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya and Libya will no longer be an inclusive destination in your Boost. Instead, you can benefit from our discounted pence per minute rate to both mobiles and landline:

Pakistan 5p
Libya 16p
Ghana 12p
Kenya 7p
Morocco 1p to landlines & 20p to mobiles

(Please note: These charges also apply when using the Talk2Go App)

If you would still like to call these destinations inclusively then we recommend changing to our 500 Global Minutes Boost for £5 a month, which you can activate in My Account . For more information on our Boosts, including destinations and rates, please go online at talktalk.co.uk/boosts

Yours sincerely,
TRISTIA HARRISON
Nick Gunga
Customer Services Director
imrahat07

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »

I got an email from them today as well, that they are removing the above mentioned countries from the international call boost. This is very sad and wrong. I switched to talktalk recently only because of these calls.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »

I got an email from them today as well, that they are removing the above mentioned countries from the international call boost. This is very sad and wrong. I switched to talktalk recently only because of these calls.

That was probably their intention to lure customers from other providers with such an attractive offer. I wonder if one can argue and get out of contract without a penalty. I was already with TalkTalk so it's not going to bother my much but I'll be giving them an earful if I was you. It would be interesting to see what third T&C's say.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »

Are we at all surprised? Some of those destinations are very expensive! It does seem like bait n switch to me though.
imrahat07

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:50 AM »

Are we at all surprised? Some of those destinations are very expensive! It does seem like bait n switch to me though.

i don't think there is much i can do. i mean 500 minutes for £5 is still not too bad for me. i was not using it more than that anyway. but i just didn't like these tactics they used
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: