Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:25:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News For Talktalk Customers  (Read 46508 times)
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« on: November 18, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »

Hi All,

Talktalk are making some changes from 1st of Dec 2014. There is some good news and there is some bad news. The bad news is that they are increasing their prices on some of their tarriffs but the good news is that you will get a lot in return. Some of the perks are outlines below:

A) A FREE SIM (worth £5/month) for Plus and Plus Tv customers (100 mins, 250 texts and 250mb of data). Best for  emergencies if you don't need one. Also, if you need more minutes, texts or data, you can always use your voucher code towards any plans of £5 or above

B). TALK2GO APP that cleverly lets you use your landline minutes and Calling Boosts to use on your mobile. You can even use it abroad to make calls to the UK over Wi-Fi for the same price as a local UK call. Having a Talk2go app installed on your phone you can now call your loved ones even when you are out and about, obviously you will need a 3G/4G or Wifi connection. So depending on your package you can call 01/02/03, 0870/0845, UK mobile numbers and International numbers using the Talk2go app.

B) International boost will now inlcude (from 1st Dec) unlimited calls to mobiles as well to all 36 destinations previosly included in International booster. On top of that, calls to mobiles and landlines will also be included to the following countries if you have International booster activated:

1. Bahrain
 2. Brazil
 3. Eqypt
 4. Ghana
 5. India
 6. Iraq
 7. Israel
 8. Japan
 9. Kenya
 10. Kuwait
 11. Lebanon
 12. Libya
 13. Morocco
 14. Nigeria
 15. Oman
 16. Pakistan
 17. Palestinian Authority
 18. Qatar
 19. Saudi Arabia
 20. Somalia
  21. South Africa
 22. United Arab Emirates
 23. Yemen

If you already have an International booster activated for free like myself then it would stay the same until your contract expires. After that, it all depends on how you negotiate your new contract with them Wink

For more details please have a look below:

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/important-update-our-price-changes

AQ

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:12:04 PM by i_luv_free_calls » Logged
imrahat07

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:33:41 PM »

"TALK2GO APP" feature is quiet interesting and a good one too.
what is the best deal for a new customer if i want to join talktalk now?? i mean any cashbacks available on any site to make it a super 5 star deal..
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:36:46 PM »

"TALK2GO APP" feature is quiet interesting and a good one too.
what is the best deal for a new customer if i want to join talktalk now?? i mean any cashbacks available on any site to make it a super 5 star deal..

Depends on what your requirements are. As far as cashback is concerned so have a look at Topcashback and Quidco but bear in mind that cashbacks are not guaranteed.
imrahat07

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:22 PM »

i only need broadband, but as taking a phone line out is a must requirement so i have to go for it as well.
Tonero72

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:34:30 PM »

This is interesting news! The TALK2GO APP would be very handy - it's similar to BT SMART TALK APP.
getcopy

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »

Thanks AQ for the post. I was waiting for the app feature to make calls as other providers have introduced that feature.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Thanks AQ for the post. I was waiting for the app feature to make calls as other providers have introduced that feature.

Yes this app is going to be a life saver bundled with their Booster(s).

From the 1st of December, if someone has an International Booster they can make "Unlimited" calls to landlines AND mobiles to many hot destinations like India, Pakistan etc. With the TALK2GO App you can use your landline allowances while you're not at home so that's a big plus.
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »

This app is fantastic, Can be used abroad.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »

Yes this app is going to be a life saver bundled with their Booster(s).

From the 1st of December, if someone has an International Booster they can make "Unlimited" calls to landlines AND mobiles to many hot destinations like India, Pakistan etc. Using the TALK2GO App on your smartphone you can use your landline allowances while you're not at home so that's a big plus.
BJ

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »

The Talk2GO App is already available . Wink

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/Talk2golanding

Be aware they have cut the savings you can make  on their speedy discount scheme

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2014/11/talktalk-slashes-early-payment-discount?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=msenews&utm_term=18-Nov-14-lt&utm_campaign=news&utm_content=4

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:48:59 AM by BJ » Logged
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »

That's a shame but you'll still get 10% discount rather than 15%.
BJ

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »

I also noticed that the anytime call boost now includes unlimited calls to UK mobile phones (From 1st December). The price also rises from £5 a month to £7.50 a month.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 01:35:51 AM »

So Talk Talk are going to offer unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in Pakistan, or am I misunderstanding?
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 01:47:26 AM »

So Talk Talk are going to offer unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in Pakistan, or am I misunderstanding?

Yes unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles but you'll need to hang up and call again if your call is going to be longer than 60 minutes.
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 02:16:31 AM »

That's a brave move for them! I guess there must be a FUP Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: