Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:20:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News For Talktalk Customers  (Read 46512 times)
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »

That's a brave move for them! I guess there must be a FUP Wink

They might introduce FUP at a later stage but so far it looks like it's going to be "truly" unlimited as it is for their current International Booster. There's also a possibility of imposing FUP on certain destinations. I have used TalkTalk in the past doing lots of minutes using the International Booster and was never charged.
seanjoe

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »

Not sure I follow.
Does this mean that calls to UAE landlines and mobiles are going to be included? The destinations you have put on bold are the ones for mobiles and landlines??

Can you please clarify. I am currently on the int. booster paying about £6 extra? and on contract.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »

Yes, according to their recent announcement you would be able to call landlines and mobiles to all countries covered in the International Boost. That means you would be able to call lanldlines and mobiles in the 36 countries that are currently covered in the International Boost, which are:

Australia
    Austria
    Azores
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Canada
    Canary Island
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Italy
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Madeira
    Malta
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    North Cyprus
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    U.S.A

Plus all the new countries mentioned in my first post.

Sorry about the confusion about the countries in bold letters in my first post. I just made them bold because in my opinion these are the hot destinations that people are mostly interested on our forum Wink
seanjoe

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »

I thought that is what you implied. How are they ever going to make money to the uae?
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »

I thought that is what you implied. How are they ever going to make money to the uae?

As Davegr mentioned yesterday that it's a bold move from TalkTalk including some destinations that are quite expensive to call. Only time will tell but on the other hand they're big enough to afford such a bold move. Obviously not everyone on the International Boost would be calling expensive destinations.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »

Seanjoe, why are you paying £6 extra for International Boost? It's £3.50/month at the moment and going up to £5/month from the 1st of December.
getcopy

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »

Talk2Go app has many limitations on supported hardware/software. I tried 3 different devices and all were getting message "your device is not compatible". Not much help available, even from the technical dept.
Hope they enable the app to be used on more devices than currently possible.
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »

Talk2Go app has many limitations on supported hardware/software. I tried 3 different devices and all were getting message "your device is not compatible". Not much help available, even from the technical dept.
Hope they enable the app to be used on more devices than currently possible.

I'm sure they will, it's a fairly new app and would take a while. I'm using it on my Samsung Galaxy S5 having the latest android version installed with no issues at all.
seanjoe

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Sorry, I meant I am paying £8.50 for the essentials phone deal, which includes the 36 destinations? So I'm not sure how much i'm paying for the boost itself. Line rental separate obviously (prepaid).

On the phones itself, it works on my galaxy s3, but not on my galaxy s - guess it only works on certain android versions?
seanjoe

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »

Another strange observation is that with this app; the CLI now gets passed as the phone that was mobile registered with the app; and your landline CLI does not get passed on through when using the app. so for eg. when i try to use the CCB number to top up; it doesn't recognise the number.

Still think this app is great.

So AQ, does that mean, for me since I am already with TT, that I will not get the additional 16 destinations? ie. UAE?
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »

Yes, according to their recent announcement, calls to landlines and mobiles in the UAE would be inclusive if you have activated International Boost.
seanjoe

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »

Hi all,
just wanted to check if anyone has tried calling to UAE and whether it is included.
I'm on the essentials package with intern. calls included, but cannot find on my bill any mention of "international boost".
so just wanted to check if anyone on essentials is getting this benefit of the uae calls and UK mobiles from the app?

Thanks
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »

Hi all,
just wanted to check if anyone has tried calling to UAE and whether it is included.
I'm on the essentials package with intern. calls included, but cannot find on my bill any mention of "international boost".
so just wanted to check if anyone on essentials is getting this benefit of the uae calls and UK mobiles from the app?

Thanks

How about contacting TT C/S team and asking the question yourself? You could then make a test call yourself and report back ?

dlR
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:54:48 PM by delaro » Logged

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »

Hi all,

Thanks

If you have "International Boost" activated on your account then UAE landlines and mobiles should be inclusive/free regardless of your actual package i.e. Essentials, Plus Tv etc. If you download your full bill then you should be able to see what active boosts you have on your account under "phone extras". You can also check your active boosts by logging into your account and click on "manage phone boosts" under "Phone" on the left hand side.

You can call UK mobiles (or any other number worldwide) from the app if your tariff allows you to do so. So if your tariff allows you to call UK mobiles for free then it will be free from the app too. As far as receiving calls on your app using the "follow me" feature is concerned, it's free to receive calls on your app even if you don't have calls to UK mobiles inclusive in your package. Obviously you need to be connected to the internet to make and receive calls via the Talk2go app.
twister32

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 12:41:09 AM »

thank you very much for this information this forum is great Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: