Fone Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:57:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The cheapest international call offer in the market  (Read 24981 times)
azen
Learner

« on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »

https://www.fizzcall.com/default.aspx Wink Wink
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »

Thank you for your first post azen.        Smiley

It would be helpful to tell members about the service: it is a new one on me of a service charging per call and not according to time and destination.        Shocked

It should also be noted that there are excluded numbers, including ALL UK NGN number ranges.        Roll Eyes
See here.

Have you used the service yourself, and do you recommend it to us ?        Undecided

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
andy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »

blimey, Tom (also known as loki117) has been busy with his spam
Tom

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »

blimey, Tom (also known as loki117) has been busy with his spam

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the post above Azen and also mobaholic for fleshing it out a bit.

Andy it's not spam I'm a pretty active forum member. I am actually a forum member in each of those forums with posts > 100 on Expat, Scuk etc when I put my Sig on my username it went through all my old posts and was added, hence the lots of references to it.

If anyone needs anything you can give us a shout on customer.support@Fizzcall.com.

Thanks,

Tom
andy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »

Andy it's not spam I'm a pretty active forum member.

What a coincidence I mention your name, and then you arrive within minutes; I wonder who tipped you off

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:31:13 AM by Dave » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »

I am unsure what to make of the last few posts.        Shocked

andy, were you suggesting that azen is Tom, and was spamming the forum, or just that Tom is behind azen's post ?        Undecided

If the former, I need to point out that azen has been a member here for some considerable time, but has never posted anything ( let alone 'spam' ) before.        Wink
Also, that he made no extravagant claims for the service - indeed he did nothing other than post the URL !        Shocked

Tom, on the other hand, is a brand new member, of whom I know nothing.  However, he has not hidden his connection, but has offered to handle queries about it.

The whole thread is on the right board, so I would prefer to see discussion about the service per se, rather than allegations flying about members' 'spamming'.  It would be more useful to know of inadequacies in this service - if there are known ones - than about who is connected with it I feel.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
prion

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »

The service is based on callback.
What  I would like to know is what happens if you ring someone and nobody answers the call.
You get the callback on your side but there is no answer on the other end or the line is busy. What happens in this case?? Are you charged or not?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:07:10 PM by prion » Logged
andy

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

I am unsure what to make of the last few posts.        Shocked

andy, were you suggesting that azen is Tom, and was spamming the forum, or just that Tom is behind azen's post ?        Undecided

If the former, I need to point out that azen has been a member here for some considerable time, but has never posted anything ( let alone 'spam' ) before.        Wink
Also, that he made no extravagant claims for the service - indeed he did nothing other than post the URL !        Shocked

Tom, on the other hand, is a brand new member, of whom I know nothing.  However, he has not hidden his connection, but has offered to handle queries about it.

The whole thread is on the right board, so I would prefer to see discussion about the service per se, rather than allegations flying about members' 'spamming'.  It would be more useful to know of inadequacies in this service - if there are known ones - than about who is connected with it I feel.

I think I commented on Tom/Loki's posts, not azen's. Posts elsewhere might not interest us, and perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it, but it's interesting to see how the plans have evolved, from May to August:

The plan is we will be offering calls to most countries in the world at a fixed rate of 1p per minutes that's mobile to mobile landline to landline basically whatever. The only catch is you will need to initiate the call from a website and there will be a connection fee per call of around 7p.

The price is fixed at 25p for the call so you dont get stressed when the call starts running long.

We include calls to and from mobile also 25p for the call.....

I do rather wonder at the market research underlying this, as some of the rates look so unprecedented, namely many countries' mobile to mobile calls at (initially a penny a minute or) now 25 pence for up to an hour.

If BT [which appears to be the company's main supplier so far] wholesale rates are that low, why don't they themselves launch some retail products in that range? Plus some other possibilities, for instance, how would a start-up company have contracted lower rates than parts of other national carriers?

On the other hand, perhaps the service is still in special offer mode. Perhaps Tom would kindly tell us whether it is intended to keep all or most remaining destinations in the scheme.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:06:08 PM by andy » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »

I think I commented on Tom/Loki's posts, not azen's. Posts elsewhere might not interest us, and perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it, but it's interesting to see how the plans have evolved, from May to August:

The plan is we will be offering calls to most countries in the world at a fixed rate of 1p per minutes that's mobile to mobile landline to landline basically whatever. The only catch is you will need to initiate the call from a website and there will be a connection fee per call of around 7p.

The price is fixed at 25p for the call so you dont get stressed when the call starts running long.

We include calls to and from mobile also 25p for the call.....

I do rather wonder at the market research underlying this, as some of the rates look so unprecedented, namely many countries' mobile to mobile calls at (initially a penny a minute or) now 25 pence for up to an hour.

If BT [which appears to be the company's main supplier so far] wholesale rates are that low, why don't they themselves launch some retail products in that range? Plus some other possibilities, for instance, how would a start-up company have contracted lower rates than parts of other national carriers?

Thanks for the clarifications andy.        Smiley
Your first point was lost on me, as Tom was neither around here then, nor did you give any reason for replying to azen with comments about Tom / Loki.        Shocked

The history you quote is interesting, and was unknown to me.

Your final point about BT wholesale rates is extremely interesting, as is the question you raise about a new start up company being viable at such rates.        Smiley

I only hope that Tom will return and give his own reply to slake our curiosity.        Undecided

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:12:18 PM by mobaholic » Logged

Tom

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »

Evening all,

Andy the reason I was "tipped off" was because of a referral link jumping up on our Google analytics.   Smiley It really is a great tool. We like to make sure that what is being said is correct to make sure potential customers are not being misled.

Our offering did indeed evolve as our discussion with suppliers did, it's not unusual for a company to change there offering as what they are offered changes. We also thought the fixed price of these calls would be a good unique selling point.

As for BT wholesale prices these are not our only supplier we are using a blend as also discussed in other places. This is how we can bring prices such as we do. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sorry I should also have said we have no intention of changing our price or removing any more countries.

Tom

All the best,

Tom
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:29:26 PM by Tom » Logged
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »

While you are online Tom, I wonder if you would be so kind as to answer the specific question raised by prion ?

TIA.

nixforfun

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »

I think we need someone to try this service and send us feedback on quality.  I have myself signed up for the lowest possible amount, but I don't have someone whom I can call for that long at the moment.

I would post my feedback soon.

Regards
Nik
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:40:59 PM by mobaholic » Logged
Tom

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »

While you are online Tom, I wonder if you would be so kind as to answer the specific question raised by prion ?

TIA.

Sorry completely missed that question in amongst the large posts. If the destination phone is engaged or does not pick up we do not charge.

Tom
Tom

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »

I think we need someone to try this service and send a feedback on quality. I have myself signed up for the lowest possible amount but dont have someone who i can call for that long at the moment.

I would post my feedback soon

Regards
Nik

We are always happy to hear feedback and suggestions from customers or potential customers so please let us know what you think Nik.

Tom
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 03:43:53 PM »

Sorry completely missed that question in amongst the large posts. If the destination phone is engaged or does not pick up we do not charge.

Tom

Many thanks for your courteous and infomative reply Tom.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: