Fone Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:51:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Talk Line Rental Increase  (Read 41727 times)
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »

So, Sky become just like most other providers arbitrarily blocking whatever numbers and ranges they feel like, in breach of regulations.

Virgin and EE got away with it too.
BJ

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 09:05:23 PM »

Annoying  Angry  to say the least but presumably this covers their actions .

"Sky Talk call packages are provided for domestic purposes only and must not be used for any business or commercial purpose.

If your use of 'unlimited', 'free' or 'no-charge' calls provided as part of your Sky Talk package exceeds that reasonably expected of a person using the service for domestic purposes, we may:

1.   Restrict your call service and/or
2.   Charge you Sky Talk’s standard rates for any calls exceeding those reasonably expected of a person using this service for domestic purposes.

We will inform you before we start charging you our standard rates."

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/talk/acceptable-use-policy/

Also in the small print..

"UK calls of up to an hour to 01, 02, 03, 0845, 0870 & UK mobile numbers only (excludes Channel Islands, indirect access, dial-up internet & 070 numbers). Acceptable Use Policy applies."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:14:21 PM by BJ » Logged
davegr
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »

That's all well and good but doesn't have any reference to blocking numbers. Besides, if blocking numbers or ranges is against Ofcom terms, I doubt a contract can override it!

Also you have put indirect access in bold, however I don't know of any clear, well defined and most importantly industry agreed definition of what that means.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:09 AM »

Also, AFAIK at the moment Sky's official version is:"there's a fault, we're trying to fix it".  AUP rules wouldn't apply until they've admitted they're limiting due to abuse of AUP. They would still need to provide some evidence.

dlR

i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »

Also, AFAIK at the moment Sky's official version is:"there's a fault, we're trying to fix it".  AUP rules wouldn't apply until they've admitted they're limiting due to abuse of AUP. They would still need to provide some evidence.

dlR

If that's the case then it's a good news.

A few people I know were told there's no fault and they should speak to the service providers whose 0870 numbers they are calling.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 09:44:16 AM »

If that's the case then it's a good news.

A few people I know were told there's no fault and they should speak to the service providers whose 0870 numbers they are calling.

"The fault " is at Sky's side as all numbers can be called from all other providers..

dlR

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »

"The fault " is at Sky's side as all numbers can be called from all other providers..

dlR

I would find it odd if they developed a fault which only affected certain numbers, as pretty much all calls would go via an SS7 interconnect with BT. I guess it's possible that the affected ranges all share something in common, e.g the transit point is in the same data centre or similar.
delaro
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »

I would find it odd if they developed a fault which only affected certain numbers, as pretty much all calls would go via an SS7 interconnect with BT. I guess it's possible that the affected ranges all share something in common, e.g the transit point is in the same data centre or similar.

No matter what angle you're looking at this...  sky is responsible from customers' point of view for sorting the issue out.

dlR

davegr
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 10:13:37 PM »

They might be responsible but are they motivated?

Has anybody found any 'uninteresting' numbers that are also not working?
DaveKnell

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »

EE just unblocked some 0872 numbers of ours; it can be made to happen with a little persistence.

Anyone who's had our numbers blocked by Sky, please drop me an e-mail at support@telng.com to let me know:
- which number(s) have been blocked
- what happens when you call them

and we can set off down a similar path with them.

--dave
djyhkr
jk

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »

Thats wonderful Dave
L2M

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »

That's good news.
Tonero72

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 05:48:18 AM »

EE just unblocked some 0872 numbers of ours; it can be made to happen with a little persistence.

Anyone who's had our numbers blocked by Sky, please drop me an e-mail at support@telng.com to let me know:

--dave

Excellent!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:52:15 AM by Tonero72 » Logged
i_luv_free_calls
AQ

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »

Hi All,

If you are looking for a 0870 dialthrough number to make international calls from SKY then send me a PM please.

Regards,
AQ
androidfan

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »

--dave

Thats good news Dave. Please let us know how you get on with sky...i have several service providers in "talks" with sky too but no luck so far
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: