Fone Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:54:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apology for forum software error.  (Read 10252 times)
mobaholic
Administrator

« on: June 18, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »

Hi folks,

I have just used the forum 'Newsletter' feature for the first time, and I am sorry that things did not go well.        Cry

Having drafted my notice I clicked on 'send message'.

There was a long delay, and then I got the following error report:-

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /var/www/vhosts/foneforum.co.uk/httpdocs/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 631Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /var/www/vhosts/foneforum.co.uk/httpdocs/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2008

This meant very little to me, so I repeated this twice more, with the same result unfortunately.

I now find out that each message did go out, and am embarrassed to discover that you will all be inconvenienced by multiple messages.        Roll Eyes

I am very sorry for this.        Cry

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »

Members may be interested to know that I have reported the software bug experienced yesterday to SMF.

See:-   here.

It will be interesting to see if any helpful comments, feedback or advice come back to us.

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
ash

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »

no problem mobaholic.. just checked 3 of your msgs,,
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »

no problem mobaholic.. just checked 3 of your msgs,,

Good to see you are still around ash.        Smiley

Not a lot has come from my enquiry on SMF yesterday.  If you look at my post here, you will see that it has been viewed 88 times to date, and a few replies have been posted, but nothing of starting interest or usefulness unfortunately.        Cry

If anyone was online yesterday morning, you may have noticed a large number of guests were here.
I counted 12 at one time, who all appeared to be looking in from California in the USA.        Shocked
All but one of them were reading this thread; one was printing it off; and one was totally engrossed reading all my help pages here.
One of them tested the registration process, but didn't complete it.
I assume they were all from SMF, but again no useful information was derived from the visit alas.

As I am not a computer programmer, I guess we will just have to live with our software bug.        Cry

What I have learned is to distrust error messages that this software generates, and if I ever again attempt to send a member newsletter, I will most certainly check if any messages were delivered before attempting to try again, no matter what error report is generated !     Grin

mh.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:33:18 AM by mobaholic » Logged

mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »

Welcome to all our friends looking in again from SMF !        Smiley

Its a record for us to have 20 people online concurrently.         Grin

mobaholic.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:45:31 AM by mobaholic » Logged

rashmi_sweet23

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »

very soon it will be 200...
rashmi_sweet23

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »

and many more...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:25:44 PM by rashmi_sweet23 » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:26:06 PM »

and many more...

I'll second that!

Cheers Rashmi.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: