Fone Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:08:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fone Forum is pleased to welcome its valued guests and members.  We hope you will all enjoy your time with us, and find us a happy community of shared interests - who pool our knowledge, so that we can all come away better informed.  Wink  Cheesy  Grin

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actionvoip reseller - help  (Read 16326 times)
petkow

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 12:58:38 AM »

Well... I actually thought it was just getting interesting!  Wink
mobaholic
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »

This thread seems to have got into a bit of a muddle !        Shocked

petkow, were you feeling a little mischievous when you made your post ?        Undecided

delaro, in all honesty I did consider moving posts #5 to #15 out of sight, but I thought that would be a little hard on so many contributors ( prion, mike, Dave, HiPD, and petkow. )        Wink

In reply to your post #4, you will know now from mike, Dave, and HiPD's posts that you did miss something.  As mike told you, http://www.foneforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1323.msg6480.html#msg6480 does ask practically the same question, and as HiPD succinctly summarised: "The link mike posted was about reselling Betamax services, just as his OP is about reselling Actionvoip".        Wink

Let me now deal with the legitimate question of the spelling of deja view.  Although you may think me an ignoramus because I did not learn Latin, I do have an 'O-Level' in French, and I am fully aware that in French it is spelt déjà vu as you posted.  However, the term has passed into the English language, and although some dictionaries give the French spelling, others do not.  For example, see http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deja+vu.
In fact my own dictionary spells it deja view, which is even more Anglicised.        Wink

Now when I wrote my reply #3, I did so from my mobile using opera mini, and as you will know, that does not give you access to an extended character set, so I couldn't include the accents even had I wished to do so.  When I thought about editing my post later on, I decided against it, because both spellings are acceptable in English as I understand it, and in any case, those who do not know French would not recognize what the accute and grave accents are, or know what they do.        Wink

I am afraid that your inference that I was talking about a Canadian TV channel is entirely wrong, and all reference to it is off-topic as HiPD pointed out.        Wink

Rather than deleting or moving anything, let's turn this into a positive learning experience.  In future, if you have a problem with how I have spelt a word, please send me a PM about it.  That would be the friendly way of handling it.  I will gladly correct the word if I have made a genuine mistake, or explain the reason to you for not doing so if I couldn't agree with you.  I suggest that would be far better than slugging it out with all and sundry !        Wink

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:24:04 AM by mobaholic » Logged

Valued guests are cordially invited to join.  Registration is quick & easy, & only needs an email address.  You can then benefit from contributing to our forum, & being able to use our PM system.

If you do not do so, but wish to make contact, you may email:-  theadminteam.foneforum@gmail.com
petkow

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 12:33:31 PM »

petkow, were you feeling a little mischievous when you made your post ?        Undecided
oops..  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: